Windows 10: Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working

Discus and support Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clayto, Nov 2, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working

For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A new and odd behaviour is that after closing down and relaunching everything does work, for about two seconds only, just enough time to log in and click one item in the Taskbar. From then on I have to rely on Touch, until I set up a standby Bluetooth board and mouse which are not perfect but enable me to keep using my 2-in-1 PC.

As it may not recover of its own accord or may take a long time to do so I would be relieved if someone can diagnose what might be happening and how to prevent it. Is it a hardwear or a software issue?

:)

clayto, Nov 2, 2016

2. Keyboard and trackpad stopped working since windows 10 update

Since December's update both my mouse and trackpad have stopped working. The keyboard was sticky to begin with but within a few days several keys have completely stopped working. Now the trackpad has completely stopped.

I have tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting as suggested on on another site.

Any ideas?

Treacletart, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Mouse & Keyboard Center 3.2.116 breaks Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic mouse

After installing Mouse & Keyboard Center 3.2.116 the buttons on my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic mouse no longer work, and the trackpad clicks on my SP5 keyboard also no longer work.

Only fix is to unplug Sculpt mouse and restart SP5, then the trackpad works normally. Plugging the Sculpt back in repeats the issue.

Uninstalled Mouse & Keyboard Center 3.2.116, but Sculpt is still not working. Cannot reinstall Mouse & Keyboard Center 3.2.116 as I now get Error 1603.

le squirrel, Nov 2, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working

1. Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working - Similar Threads - Keyboard Trackpad Mouse

2. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?: i have a wireless keyboard with a trackpad. turned the PC on today the trackpad isn't working and no cursor. bought it the keyboard a couple of weeks ago. was working fine until today. The keyboard Ritek doesn't appear by name in the device manager and neither does the...
  3. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?: i have a wireless keyboard with a trackpad. turned the PC on today the trackpad isn't working and no cursor. bought it the keyboard a couple of weeks ago. was working fine until today. The keyboard Ritek doesn't appear by name in the device manager and neither does the...
  4. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and trackpad not working: I recently just fixed my laptop and I discovered that the mouse is no longer working. I went to device manager and I couldn't find the mice and other pointing device setting. I tried to fix the I2C stuff, disabled and enabled it and tried to update it but nothing is working....
  6. Mouse and trackpad not working

Mouse and trackpad not working: I recently just fixed my laptop and I discovered that the mouse is no longer working. I went to device manager and I couldn't find the mice and other pointing device setting. I tried to fix the I2C stuff, disabled and enabled it and tried to update it but nothing is working....
  7. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  8. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  9. Keyboard and trackpad not working

10. Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated: I have HP X-360 touchscreen laptop with windows 10 installed, recently its display was broken and the touch started misbehaving so I disabled the touch screen from a local technician, now when I install window updates the keyboard and track pad stops working and I have to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keypad not working for lenovo windows 10 for few keys

2. lenovo keyboard not working windows 10

3. wired mouse stops working

4. l480 lenovo trackpad quits working