Windows 10: Keyboard types in Chinese in browser search bars

Discus and support Keyboard types in Chinese in browser search bars in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,I bought a Windows 10 Laptop in China, and installed English Language Windows on it. I have set up the Keyboard to use English UK, and removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JWADZ, Jun 18, 2021.

1. JWADZ Win User

Keyboard types in Chinese in browser search bars

Hello,I bought a Windows 10 Laptop in China, and installed English Language Windows on it. I have set up the Keyboard to use English UK, and removed the Chinese language keyboard in settings. The keyboard types in English in everything except the search bars in the wndows browser, where it types in Chinese. When I go to language settings, they keyboard language displayed is Chinese simplified, but Chinese is not even in my preferred languages below. When I click on the keyboard and look at the 'overide for default input method' section, the only language on the list is English. I have

:)

JWADZ, Jun 18, 2021

2. Can't type Chinese

Recently I've realized that when I'm trying to type Chinese using pinyin in the google search bar, it does not change to Chinese characters and it remains as the pinyin, basically still English. I've changed the keyboard when typing and it is indicated that
    I'm using the Chinese keyboard in the task bar, but when typing in the google search bar, the Chinese keyboard does not appear and I'm completely unable to type Chinese characters. this also happened when I'm trying to type in the internet explorer search
    bar.

In some places I'm still able to type out chinese characters, such as microsoft word and this text box ( 好).

I'm using Windows 10 and a Dell m3800.

Hope to hear some solutions soon!

AngelaChew24, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 issue: Chinese language popup

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Keyboard language and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps.

• Type Language in the search bar.
    • Launch Edit Language and Keyboard Options from the search list.
    • Under Languages look for the list of language.
    • If you are able to find out the Chinese language, right click on the language and Remove it.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Can't type in Search bars or login bar in browser.

Hi,

This can be caused by corrupted system files. To help resolve the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by Abdul_Malik in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving the same issue. After doing so, try using
    the search bar and see if you can type anything on it.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard types in Chinese in browser search bars - Similar Threads - Keyboard types Chinese

2. type chinese with AZERTY keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    type chinese with AZERTY keyboard: Hello,I am not quite sure if my question is a new one. If it is, I would be shocked that there is still no solution.I have a french AZERTY keyboard. When I set up the keyboard to type Chinese in settings, there is only one keyboard choice, which is Microsoft Pinyin. To use...
  3. type chinese with AZERTY keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    type chinese with AZERTY keyboard: Hello,I am not quite sure if my question is a new one. If it is, I would be shocked that there is still no solution.I have a french AZERTY keyboard. When I set up the keyboard to type Chinese in settings, there is only one keyboard choice, which is Microsoft Pinyin. To use...
  4. typing issue in search bar

in Cortana
    typing issue in search bar: I cant type in the search bar of Windows 10. I have tried different keyboard and to the fact that I can type in the browser so it is not keyboard problem. Only in search bar I having problem...
  5. Can't type in search bar

Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  6. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  7. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  8. Cannot type in search bar.

Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  9. keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar: my keyboard works perfectly in everything that isnt windows related the drivers are up to date too please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-wont-type-in-windows-10-search-bar/3ba10b5b-b647-4707-9904-8cc0af7767de
  10. Cant type in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type in search bar: Hi guys, First of all sorry for my english and i hope you can help regarding to my search bar because i did all the method that i find on browser but sad say all those method is doesn't work.. Hopefully there is someone who can help me regarding to my problem...