Windows 10: Keyboard types " instead of @. Why?

Discus and support Keyboard types " instead of @. Why? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Everytime I type @, " appears and vice versa. How do I rectify this? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KumarMuthiah, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Keyboard types " instead of @. Why?

Everytime I type @, " appears and vice versa. How do I rectify this? Thanks.

:)

KumarMuthiah, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Darshan J Win User

When numlock is on, my desktop keyboard types numbers instead of letters

Hello Vicky,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    This issue might occur if function key in the keyboard is enabled. So as an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the function key in the key board and make sure that it is not enabled.

If the issue still persists you can run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Suggest you to follow the steps below and run the
    Hardware and Device
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next" button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Keyboard types " instead of @. Why?

How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard types " instead of @. Why?

1. Keyboard types " instead of @. Why? - Similar Threads - Keyboard types instead

2. Keyboard does shortcuts instead of typing letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard does shortcuts instead of typing letters: Hello : I have the following issue: For a couple of days now, my keyboard doesn’t work properly anymore.Whenever I try to type in letters and numbers, I have a little loading sign next to my mouse cursor, but it won’t type any letters. Also, whenever I press ‘S’, it takes a...
  3. Keyboard does shortcuts instead of typing letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard does shortcuts instead of typing letters: Hello : I have the following issue: For a couple of days now, my keyboard doesn’t work properly anymore.Whenever I try to type in letters and numbers, I have a little loading sign next to my mouse cursor, but it won’t type any letters. Also, whenever I press ‘S’, it takes a...
  4. Keyboard does shortcuts instead of typing letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ergonomic keyboard 4000 is typing zc instead of c and .\ instead of .

Ergonomic keyboard 4000 is typing zc instead of c and .\ instead of .: Hi,I saw an old post about the same issue, but there is no answer about it -Ergonomizc keyboard 4000 is typing additional zcharazcter for some zcharazcters suzch zc instead c.\ This is sinzce this weekend when a update took plazceTried removing the driver and installing it...
  6. Ergonomic keyboard 4000 is typing zc instead of c and .\ instead of .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ergonomic keyboard 4000 is typing zc instead of c and .\ instead of .: Hi,I saw an old post about the same issue, but there is no answer about it -Ergonomizc keyboard 4000 is typing additional zcharazcter for some zcharazcters suzch zc instead c.\ This is sinzce this weekend when a update took plazceTried removing the driver and installing it...
  7. Ergonomic keyboard 4000 is typing zc instead of c and .\ instead of .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My keyboard types @ instead of " despite my keyboard being set to the UK.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard types @ instead of " despite my keyboard being set to the UK.: Title says it all, really. I hold shift and 2 and I get @, I hold shift and ' and i get ", despite my keyboard being set to UK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-instead-of-despite-my-keyboard/00b743a1-9dfe-4a98-8a57-33a005fc1dc8
  9. Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters: keyboard types numbers instead of letters in the command window. Also in some other apps. Not in notepad, not in google chrome not in file explorer. Pressing Num Lock doesn't change anything. Using an Asus UX31e Zenbook with external mouse, keyboard and monitor. Keyboard...
  10. My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?: Yesterday, some strange things happened to my keyboard that, whenever I tried to type either / or ? I was keep getting the e or E instead, and it's very annoying. I've tried to find some tutorials online on how to undo it back, but most of them are for the French "é" or "É"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keyboard types instead of @