Windows 10: Keyboard Typing Additional Letters on some keys in a diagonal row

Discus and support Keyboard Typing Additional Letters on some keys in a diagonal row in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Keyboard Typing Additional Letters Whenever I am typing letter ’4’, it automatically types ’49’. Similarly, whenever I type ’4’, it automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolineMitchell2, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Keyboard Typing Additional Letters on some keys in a diagonal row

Keyboard Typing Additional Letters

Whenever I am typing letter ’4’, it automatically types ’49’. Similarly, whenever I type ’4’, it automatically types ’49’

Similarly, whenever I type ’r’, it automatically types ’ro’ Similarly, whenever I type ’o’, it automatically types ’ro’

Whenever I am typing letter ’f’, it automatically types ’fl’. Similarly, whenever I type ’l’, it automatically types ’fl’

Similarly, whenever I type ’v’, it automatically types ’v.’ Similarly, whenever I type ’.’, it automatically types ’v.’

There is a systematic pattern in the errors

All other keys are working fine. Whether it is keyboard hardware problem or software related. Please help.

checked updated ok

+ checked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/keyboard-typing-additional-letters/62c03700-77d4-4caf-8b5c-da97479d2ab4

but still issue

:)

CarolineMitchell2, Dec 13, 2020

2. Keyboard Typing Additional Letters

Whenever I am typing letter ’n’, it automatically types ’nh’. Similarly, whenever I type ’b’, it automatically types ’bg’. Some keys are working fine. Whether it is keyboard (hardware) problem or software related. Please help.

Neelesh Goklani, Dec 13, 2020
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Keyboard Typing Additional Letters

First try cleaning your keyboard.

See link below on how to clean a keyboard.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/249212/how_to_c...

If that does not work then go to search and type troubleshoot.

Scroll to keyboard and run that.

Also if this is a bluetooth keyboard run that troubleshooter as well and replace batteries or charge the device.

if not of that works This maybe an issue with your drivers.

Try these steps.

Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

Expand Keyboards then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver.

Select Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the on-screen instructions to update the drivers.

If no updates were found, then right-click on the mouse select Uninstall.

Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how you make out.

SarahKong, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Keyboard Typing Additional Letters on some keys in a diagonal row

Windows 10 laptop keyboard typing double letters / wrong letters

Hi!

My keyboard is typing incorrectly for some reaso Some letters just move the curser up (the letter 'u') and the arrow keys type letters, also the number keys type additional letters! I've tried function + numlock and resetting language but nothing works.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks

Lynsey Le Keux, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard Typing Additional Letters on some keys in a diagonal row

1. Keyboard Typing Additional Letters on some keys in a diagonal row - Similar Threads - Keyboard Typing Additional

2. Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once: whenever i press "q a z" it types "wq sa xz" and same happends for "w s x" ,even my numbers and esc are doing the same thing, its only the last 2 columns of keys on the left of my keyboard and its not chatteringis it bc it was downloading some thing from steam but paused it...
  3. Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once: whenever i press "q a z" it types "wq sa xz" and same happends for "w s x" ,even my numbers and esc are doing the same thing, its only the last 2 columns of keys on the left of my keyboard and its not chatteringis it bc it was downloading some thing from steam but paused it...
  4. Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters: HiMy laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters.See the example below , tried to type the above mentioned sentence .My l9a1ptop k8ea1boa1rd3 is2 typing number a1d3d3itiona1l9l9y when i a1m typing l9etters2. k8ind3l9y hel9p how to s2ol9ve the...
  6. my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters

my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters: HiMy laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters.See the example below , tried to type the above mentioned sentence .My l9a1ptop k8ea1boa1rd3 is2 typing number a1d3d3itiona1l9l9y when i a1m typing l9etters2. k8ind3l9y hel9p how to s2ol9ve the...
  7. Windows support for Keyboard on laptop types additional keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows support for Keyboard on laptop types additional keys: Hey there friends we could use your assistanceThis question is reasked here since we know windows has a lot of tools to offer to its users. We were working with laptop, until suddenly the keyboard went crazy. Truth be told the computer has had some quircks since day one like...
  8. Windows support for Keyboard on laptop types additional keys

Windows support for Keyboard on laptop types additional keys: Hey there friends we could use your assistanceThis question is reasked here since we know windows has a lot of tools to offer to its users. We were working with laptop, until suddenly the keyboard went crazy. Truth be told the computer has had some quircks since day one like...
  9. Keyboard types additional letter aside from the correct letter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard types additional letter aside from the correct letter: after installing the newest update of windows, my keyboard stopped working correctly. some letters have additional letter in it. q becomes qx, the space bar has 0 in it. t becomes to and so on. i never had this problem before, just after the installation of the newest...
  10. Some keys on my keyboard are typing multiple letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys on my keyboard are typing multiple letters: *sorry for my bad english So whenever I click the 's' key, my s and down arrow button are pressing at the same time. When I press 'delete', my 'delete' and right arrow key are pressing at the same time. This really frustrated me when I search on google. I can't find any...