Windows 10: Keyboard typing double keys.

Discus and support Keyboard typing double keys. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having issues with my keyboard. Pressing certain keys types two keys. The key combos that do this are "v and g" gv "b and h" hb, and "m and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisDittmar, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Keyboard typing double keys.

I'm having issues with my keyboard. Pressing certain keys types two keys. The key combos that do this are "v and g" gv "b and h" hb, and "m and spacebar" m .

:)

ChrisDittmar, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 12, 2020
  3. gvblake22 Win User
    Windows 7 makes double when i hit on symbol keys

Double check the language settings, maybe some strange option is enabled in there that is causing this.
    • Click Start > Run
    • Type intl.cpl, press Enter
    • Click on the Keyboards and Language tab

gvblake22, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Keyboard typing double keys.

double characters

Hi Jay, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check if your keyboard is faulty. Connect the keyboard to a different USB port (if it is a USB keyboard) or a different computer.

If your keyboard is not a culprit, perform the steps below to disable Num Lock:

- Go to the Start menu to find On-Screen Keyboard, open the On-Screen Keyboard and check if characters are doubled when typing

- If the characters are doubled when typing, type a character to check if the Fn + Num Lock keys are highlighted while typing

- If yes, press Fn + Num Lock keys together on the keyboard to disable the active Num Lock and check if it helps.

If Num Lock key is active, it results in characters being typed twice.

Max Newman, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard typing double keys.

1. Keyboard typing double keys. - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing double

2. Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing: My keyboard was working fine earlier today but now it has started typing random characters and symbols before or after pressing specific keys. n types .n or n.p types upu types puj types ;j or ;j;7 types 700. types .n. Etc.Is there a fix for this? The keyboard is practically...
  3. Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing: My keyboard was working fine earlier today but now it has started typing random characters and symbols before or after pressing specific keys. n types .n or n.p types upu types puj types ;j or ;j;7 types 700. types .n. Etc.Is there a fix for this? The keyboard is practically...
  4. External Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard typing double keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard typing double keys: I have an external Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard. Something changed and now when I hit the h or y key, both hy will show. The same is true for sw - if I hit the s or w, both sw will show. These are the only two that I know of. It's not an issue with dirty keys or any...
  5. External Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard typing double keys

External Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard typing double keys: I have an external Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard. Something changed and now when I hit the h or y key, both hy will show. The same is true for sw - if I hit the s or w, both sw will show. These are the only two that I know of. It's not an issue with dirty keys or any...
  6. Keyboard typing keys automatically

Keyboard typing keys automatically: My keyboard is automatically typing letters. I tried to disable internal keyboard and use an external keyboard. But it is not disabling and the problem keeps happening. Now I can't even login. Because the on screen keyboard is also not working. By the looks of the on screen...
  7. Keyboard keys not typing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard keys not typing: Lenovo 530S laptop. Win 10. I can not type these charters. 2 @ Ww Ss Xx. And Cap Locks does not work.I mut copy and pate I must copy and paste . The keyboard does not type those. I was thinking bad or dirty Keyboard so I tried the on screen keyboard and mouse, still same...
  8. the keyboard is typing double characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the keyboard is typing double characters: [ATTACH] Hey everyone. Today my keyboard has started t2o type wrong or double characters as you can observe at first hand: . Before that, I cleaned up my lapt2op with alcohol as usual. Then I powered up and this began. As I c,a-n recall I did -not use force whatsoever. I...
  9. Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys: My laptop keyboard is typing double letters on certain keys An example: t is t5, y is y6, [ is [-, and ] is ]\. Is there anyway to fix that problem?...
  10. Wedge Keyboard Keys not typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wedge Keyboard Keys not typing: Hello all, I recently bought a Wedge keyboard for my Surface Pro 4. I have connected it and the letters key all work fine but the numbered keys with the symbols on display the wrong symbol when I use them. For example, the if I press shift + 2 it displays " when it should...