Windows 10: Keyboard typing extra letters

Discus and support Keyboard typing extra letters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a Lenovo e300 2nd gen running on Windows 10 Pro Education. An entire section of the keyboard is malfunctioning. When I press the 8 key in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John Thomas BSS, May 11, 2021.

1. Keyboard typing extra letters

I've got a Lenovo e300 2nd gen running on Windows 10 Pro Education. An entire section of the keyboard is malfunctioning. When I press the 8 key in the top row, it types 13247890. When I push the i key, it types qewruiop. When I push the k key, it types adsfjkl;\. You'll note the pattern of what comes back is the same in each row. Can anyone tell me whether this is a known bug or a hardware malfunction? I did a feature update, and that seemed to fix it for a couple days. Now it's back.I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard fr

:)

John Thomas BSS, May 11, 2021

2. Keyboard not typing letters

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I would suggest you to try the Onscreen keyboard and check if it helps.

Please have a look at this article and check if it helps. Even though the article is for Windows 8.1, the option to enable the onscreen keyboard is the same.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

After you are able to log in, I would suggest you to change the log in option or you may follow the steps provided by Neha Gupta to update the drivers and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, May 11, 2021
  3. mikeswan1 Win User
    keyboard types extra letters

my keeyboard types exxtra letters

mikeswan1, May 11, 2021
  4. BobNU Win User

Keyboard typing extra letters

Keyboard not typing letters

My PC keyboard will only type numerals. No letter keys are working. Since my password is all letters I cannot sign in.

I have been running Windows 10 since its release.

<Original Title: Keyboard>

BobNU, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard typing extra letters

1. Keyboard typing extra letters - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing extra

2. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard types extra letters: Hello,Yesterday i had no issues with my laptop. Today i opened it up and couldnt type my pin. After some time I managed to do it with external keyboard. Every time i type a letter the letter types but also leters: a *space* osrs. So if i type "j" i get ja osrs. I reinstalled...
  3. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard types extra letters: Hello,Yesterday i had no issues with my laptop. Today i opened it up and couldnt type my pin. After some time I managed to do it with external keyboard. Every time i type a letter the letter types but also leters: a *space* osrs. So if i type "j" i get ja osrs. I reinstalled...
  4. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My keyboard is typing extra letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is typing extra letters: I have looked this up at Microsoft help.There was this post with the same problemnone of the steps resolved this eg: hj not just h, #l not just #lthank you....
  6. My keyboard is typing extra letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is typing extra letters: I have looked this up at Microsoft help.There was this post with the same problemnone of the steps resolved this eg: hj not just h, #l not just #lthank you....
  7. My keyboard is typing extra letters

8. When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...: When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing the ‘j’ key displays ‘‘jm’' Such an error undermines the functionality of the keyboard. When I use on screen keyboard or virtual keyboard. it's works ..it doesn't pressing extra keys...
  9. When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...: When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing the ‘j’ key displays ‘‘jm’' Such an error undermines the functionality of the keyboard. When I use on screen keyboard or virtual keyboard. it's works ..it doesn't pressing extra keys...
  10. typing extra letters and numbers show up

typing extra letters and numbers show up: When I type letters keep popping up like when I hit the space bar a j pops up. Very frustrating . Need help can not figure this out.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-extra-letters-and-numbers-show-up/ffae4498-eb3e-4ca3-88c8-024adf74801a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. qewruiop