Windows 10: Keyboard typing incorrectly

Discus and support Keyboard typing incorrectly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My friend has a Lenovo Laptop and is using windows 10. She just opened it one morning and couldn't sign in to windows. It is Windows 10 Home - Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wireworkzzz, May 4, 2021.

1. Keyboard typing incorrectly

My friend has a Lenovo Laptop and is using windows 10. She just opened it one morning and couldn't sign in to windows. It is Windows 10 Home - Version 20H2 There are several issues and I'm wondering if they are all related to the keyboard or is it possibly the version 20H2. I have read that the Feature Update me not be fully compatible wirh many hardware configurations 1.Keyboard not working at all when signing in to windows. An ease of access icon has appeared bottom right of screen. 2. All the desktop icons just disappeared 3. I put new desktop icons and now they stay highlighted even when I click on the empty desk. They also formed highlighted groups that I can move together but I can't separate them. 4. If I get the keyboard to work it gives me letters numbers and symbols randomly instead of what I type. Example password HKe75mw53 types out as hkE&%MW%$ I managed to sign in to windows using pin numbers only by using the on screen keyboard. I can't type in passwords with letters and numbers even with the onscreen keyboard. Also the onscreen keyboard only works sometimes. The laptop keyboard doesn't work at all. I connected a wired keyboard and it operates randomly and only sometimes same as the onscreen keyboard. I ran a scannow and there were no issues. I ran a Norton security scan and no threats I have uninstalled the keyboard drivers and checked if they needed updates. There are 2 keyboard devices - HD keyboard device & Standard PS/2 keyboard I have tried turning numlock and capslock off and on. I also tried Alt + Spacebar Troubleshooter says "Text Services Framework is not running" Checked Windows Updates and they are up to date. Hoping someone can help me sort this out as I am starting to think a windows reinstall repair maybe the only answer.

:)

wireworkzzz, May 4, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Keyboard typing incorrectly

That example is not random, that is what you would get if you held down the Shift key while you typed on a US layout keyboard..

Bree, May 4, 2021
  3. Keyboard typing incorrectly

My friend has a Lenovo Laptop and is using windows 10. She just opened it one morning and couldn't sign in to windows. It is Windows 10 Home - Version 20H2
    There are several issues and I'm wondering if they are all related to the keyboard or is it possibly the version 20H2. I have read that the Feature Update me not be fully compatible wirh many hardware configurations
    1.Keyboard not working at all when signing in to windows. An ease of access icon has appeared bottom right of screen.
    2. All the desktop icons just disappeared
    3. I put new desktop icons and now they stay highlighted even when I click on the empty desk. They also formed highlighted groups that I can move together but I can't separate them.
    4. If I get the keyboard to work it gives me letters numbers and symbols randomly instead of what I type. Example password HKe75mw53 types out as hkE&%MW%$

I managed to sign in to windows using pin numbers only by using the on screen keyboard. I can't type in passwords with letters and numbers even with the onscreen keyboard. Also the onscreen keyboard only works sometimes.
    The laptop keyboard doesn't work at all. I connected a wired keyboard and it operates randomly and only sometimes same as the onscreen keyboard.

I ran a scannow and there were no issues.
    I ran a Norton security scan and no threats
    I have uninstalled the keyboard drivers and checked if they needed updates. There are 2 keyboard devices - HD keyboard device & Standard PS/2 keyboard
    I have tried turning numlock and capslock off and on. I also tried Alt + Spacebar
    Troubleshooter says "Text Services Framework is not running"
    Checked Windows Updates and they are up to date.
    Hoping someone can help me sort this out as I am starting to think a windows reinstall repair maybe the only answer.

wireworkzzz, May 4, 2021
  4. Keyboard typing incorrectly

Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard typing incorrectly

1. Keyboard typing incorrectly - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing incorrectly

2. keyboard not typing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    keyboard not typing: need help with my keyboard because i was trying to log into microsoft store but cant due to my settings can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-typing/4dc5c75f-0400-4741-a0a4-ae70241083dd
  3. typing and keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing and keyboard: when I type in any situation, especially in emails I get an extra letter added to one I have typed, especially the o and p. Happens with other letters sometimes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-and-keyboard/c971ca6f-58a9-4ae8-9410-b6421f16ce7c
  4. Keyboard Typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! My keyboard is fine. but when I type the letter a, it will have a French accent on it. It didn't happen there but it happens to me in other apps like Google Docs. Is there any way I can stop that? Please reply back. Your help will be much appreciated....
  5. Keyboard typing

Keyboard typing: I completely restarted my pc and cleaned everything out. First, I could type but then I accidentally hit narrator tab and I could use my laptop keyboard any more. I thought, after starting it'll get back to normal, but it turned on completely and even in the start bar or...
  6. Keyboard not typing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not typing: Help me to get my keyboard typing please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-typing/f7ba409f-7177-4d81-a89b-f76a48e06810
  7. Keyboard typing

Keyboard typing: My Keyboard hardware typing is too sensitive. Ho https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing/020c17e8-4c4e-49df-89be-77625050919b
  8. keyboard symbols incorrect

keyboard symbols incorrect: language symbols showing up for incorrect keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-symbols-incorrect/6de4c2b0-eb20-45e3-9339-3a202830d47c
  9. keyboard not typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not typing: some letters are not typing they are "a.s.d.j.k.l." at the present im typing on a Bluetooth keyboard its working fine, I think it the HP laptop keyboard being the problem. "HELP ME" please...
  10. Keyboard types

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard types: How do I make my keyboard stop typing quotation mark instead of the at sign. It also types uppercase E instead of question mark. I have updated the driver and set the language to my own country. None of this fixed the issue. I have Windows 10...