Windows 10: Keyboard typing issue

Discus and support Keyboard typing issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello everyone, for the last few months I have been struggling with a weird issue in my laptop keyboard. most of the times when I try to type, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MohammadReza&&, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Keyboard typing issue

hello everyone,

for the last few months I have been struggling with a weird issue in my laptop keyboard. most of the times when I try to type, my keyboard second row buttons including a,d,f,j,l and 6 do not respond and I have to keep them pushed for very longer time to work or push repeatedly(sometimes works) but sometimes i don't have this problem at all. and when they work its clear that I don't need any hard pushing to get them work so its might not be mechanical. since i have 100% HDD issues i guess i think it might be sth related to that or another thing. something else that it started from num 6 button at first. even now that i'm writing this text its happening. i have tried uninstalling keyboard driver. PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IT'S DRIVEN ME CRAZY.

regards,

mohammadreza

:)

MohammadReza&&, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Issue with typing using keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with typing using keyboard.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which web browser are you using?
    • Are you facing this issue on all the web browsers?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Damaged hardware.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

3. Corrupt keyboard driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists or not.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all available Windows Updates and devices drivers from the computer manufacturer website.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Keyboard typing issue

keyboard issues

Hello Suresh,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you with this.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try to check if the issue persist while using other keyboard?

• Are you facing the same issue with an
      on screen keyboard as well?
    Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method: 1

I suggest you to run hardware & devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + X” and type “troubleshooting”.

• Select “Troubleshooting”.

• Select “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click “Hardware & Sound”.

• Click “Hardware & devices”.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter

Method: 2

Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the
    driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard typing issue

1. Keyboard typing issue - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing issue

2. Keyboard issue/problem when typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard issue/problem when typing: I have a weird problem I can't seem to get to the bottom of.I will be typing on my keyboard when suddenly it stops typing on the screen, the keyboard hasn't actually disconnected or anything because if i hit the windows key it still responds and opens the start menu. It's...
  3. Keyboard issue/problem when typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard issue/problem when typing: I have a weird problem I can't seem to get to the bottom of.I will be typing on my keyboard when suddenly it stops typing on the screen, the keyboard hasn't actually disconnected or anything because if i hit the windows key it still responds and opens the start menu. It's...
  4. Keyboard issue - keys automatically typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard issue - keys automatically typing: My daer team. Im happy to be Microsoft user since 8 years. But since 3 days im facing keyboard issue. With out typing anything its continuously typing its self. Dont know yaar how to solve it . i tried with external keybiard also but same thing happening. I think some other...
  5. Keyboard issue - keys automatically typing

Keyboard issue - keys automatically typing: My daer team. Im happy to be Microsoft user since 8 years. But since 3 days im facing keyboard issue. With out typing anything its continuously typing its self. Dont know yaar how to solve it . i tried with external keybiard also but same thing happening. I think some other...
  6. Keyboard issue - keys automatically typing

7. Keyboard typing and software bug issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing and software bug issues: My keyboard start typing strange words e as é or ë , ē and c as ç etc. And it's happening both in virtual keyboard and laptop inbuilt keyboard and whenever I connect any external keyboard then also do the same problem. And whenever keyboard start doing this problem one bug...
  8. Keyboard typing and software bug issues

Keyboard typing and software bug issues: My keyboard start typing strange words e as é or ë , ē and c as ç etc. And it's happening both in virtual keyboard and laptop inbuilt keyboard and whenever I connect any external keyboard then also do the same problem. And whenever keyboard start doing this problem one bug...
  9. Typing issues with my keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing issues with my keyboard: Special characters on my computer are all messed up. I have tried to fix the issue by reading various blogs/forums but it didn't help. Changed settings, added new language packs etc., but to no avail. Is there a way to fix it?...
  10. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters: Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results....