Windows 10: Keyboard typing multiple times or do not type anything

Discus and support Keyboard typing multiple times or do not type anything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello from Slovakia. At first, sorry for my english. I'll do my best to describe my problem. I have laptop HP Pavilion DV6 with latest Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hado10, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Hado10 Win User

Keyboard typing multiple times or do not type anything

Hello from Slovakia. At first, sorry for my english. I'll do my best to describe my problem.
    I have laptop HP Pavilion DV6 with latest Windows 10 built 1809. I bought a keyboard (classic without mod keys) 6 months ago and i was using it 5 months with Windows 7 with old laptop without any problems.

Then I switch my old laptop to this newer HP. After 2 days of no problems, keboard starts to type multiple times, or sometimes just ignore pushed key.

I tried everything i found on google and MS Community:

- Uninstall drivers, reboot, plug in keyboard and install drivers;

- I tried things with editing the bounce in the registry = nothing changed;

- I tried the filter keys edit, like I found on MS Community, well this actually half worked. But becase the keyboard ignore sometimes some keys, it wasn't so good.

I was thinking it was the keyboard problem, I bought a new one, it was few hours working correctly, but then again the same problems.

I have the same keyboard at home (workstation) and no problem.

What is really weird when i leave the HP on for night, i came to the office in the morning, the keyboard works normally, but only for about one hour, then the same problem.

I scanned my PC with Windows defender and Eset with no infected files. I've got on PC only programs, Adobe and Corel products, construction valuation soft and browsers.

Do you have some ideas, what can be the problem? Thanks a lot.

:)

Hado10, Mar 25, 2019

2. Keyboard not typing letters

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I would suggest you to try the Onscreen keyboard and check if it helps.

Please have a look at this article and check if it helps. Even though the article is for Windows 8.1, the option to enable the onscreen keyboard is the same.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

After you are able to log in, I would suggest you to change the log in option or you may follow the steps provided by Neha Gupta to update the drivers and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Keyboard typing multiple times or do not type anything

I cannot type "~" on keyboard

Hi Sakanant,

To better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Can you type other special characters(eg. @#$%^&) using your keyboard?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard typing multiple times or do not type anything

1. Keyboard typing multiple times or do not type anything - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing multiple

2. Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times: So, this has started happening a few months ago, some keys, mostly R, W, Shift, CTRL and i would take multiple presses to type, or would sometimes write multiple times, like: "WWWhats up?" the keys problem got fixed when i got an external keyboard, but some buttons like CTRL...
  3. Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times: So, this has started happening a few months ago, some keys, mostly R, W, Shift, CTRL and i would take multiple presses to type, or would sometimes write multiple times, like: "WWWhats up?" the keys problem got fixed when i got an external keyboard, but some buttons like CTRL...
  4. Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard stops typing from time to time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stops typing from time to time: Hello,I have a windows 10 professional, My keyboard stops typing from time to time. but when i go some search field in the internet it starts typing back. is there some solution to fix this problem....
  6. Keyboard stops typing from time to time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stops typing from time to time: Hello,I have a windows 10 professional, My keyboard stops typing from time to time. but when i go some search field in the internet it starts typing back. is there some solution to fix this problem....
  7. Keyboard stops typing from time to time

8. Keyboard Typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! My keyboard is fine. but when I type the letter a, it will have a French accent on it. It didn't happen there but it happens to me in other apps like Google Docs. Is there any way I can stop that? Please reply back. Your help will be much appreciated....
  9. Keyboard not typing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not typing: Help me to get my keyboard typing please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-typing/f7ba409f-7177-4d81-a89b-f76a48e06810
  10. keyboard not typing

keyboard not typing: some letters are not typing they are "a.s.d.j.k.l." at the present im typing on a Bluetooth keyboard its working fine, I think it the HP laptop keyboard being the problem. "HELP ME" please...