Windows 10: Keyboard Typing Random Letters

Discus and support Keyboard Typing Random Letters in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonathanMerry, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and nothing has changed. The odd thing is that it works on some programs and not others.

It works on:

Chrome, File Explorer, Internet Passwords, Steam, Spotify, iTunes

Doesn't work on:

Microsoft Settings, Cortana, Microsoft Store, OneNote, Sticky Notes, Calendar, Audible, Mail

The trend is that it doesn't work on most Microsoft Applications but it does on the other Apps

:)

JonathanMerry, Feb 26, 2019

2. Keyboard not typing letters

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I would suggest you to try the Onscreen keyboard and check if it helps.

Please have a look at this article and check if it helps. Even though the article is for Windows 8.1, the option to enable the onscreen keyboard is the same.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

After you are able to log in, I would suggest you to change the log in option or you may follow the steps provided by Neha Gupta to update the drivers and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Feb 26, 2019
  3. BobNU Win User
    Keyboard not typing letters

My PC keyboard will only type numerals. No letter keys are working. Since my password is all letters I cannot sign in.

I have been running Windows 10 since its release.

<Original Title: Keyboard>

BobNU, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Keyboard Typing Random Letters

When numlock is on, my desktop keyboard types numbers instead of letters

Hello Vicky,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    This issue might occur if function key in the keyboard is enabled. So as an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the function key in the key board and make sure that it is not enabled.

If the issue still persists you can run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Suggest you to follow the steps below and run the
    Hardware and Device
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next" button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard Typing Random Letters

1. Keyboard Typing Random Letters - Similar Threads - Keyboard Typing Random

2. My KEYBOaRd KeePs RANDOmLy TYpInG IN CAPITaL LETters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My KEYBOaRd KeePs RANDOmLy TYpInG IN CAPITaL LETters.: SHIFT KEY ISSUeTRIEd rEStARTIng cOmPuTeR aND UNINStALLING COMpUtER KEyboaRD DRIVER, AND tHAT DIDN"T WORKCURRENTLY USING A WIreLESS KeYBOArD. KEYBoARD THaT caME wiTh THE COmpUTER IS The ONe CaUsING tHE PrOBleMs, As I uNPLUggEd THE wIRElesS AND TYpeD on ThE ORigINaL keybOaRd...
  3. My KEYBOaRd KeePs RANDOmLy TYpInG IN CAPITaL LETters.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My KEYBOaRd KeePs RANDOmLy TYpInG IN CAPITaL LETters.: SHIFT KEY ISSUeTRIEd rEStARTIng cOmPuTeR aND UNINStALLING COMpUtER KEyboaRD DRIVER, AND tHAT DIDN"T WORKCURRENTLY USING A WIreLESS KeYBOArD. KEYBoARD THaT caME wiTh THE COmpUTER IS The ONe CaUsING tHE PrOBleMs, As I uNPLUggEd THE wIRElesS AND TYpeD on ThE ORigINaL keybOaRd...
  4. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  5. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  6. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard typing random letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing random letters and numbers: Accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it types random letters and numbers whenever you press certain keys.Also on my lock screen so I can’t get to device manager from my keyboard Because I can’t type in my password. Please help...
  8. Keyboard typing extra letters

Keyboard typing extra letters: I've got a Lenovo e300 2nd gen running on Windows 10 Pro Education. An entire section of the keyboard is malfunctioning. When I press the 8 key in the top row, it types 13247890. When I push the i key, it types qewruiop. When I push the k key, it types adsfjkl;\. You'll...
  9. [Help] Keyboard not typing the letter A

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Keyboard not typing the letter A: My keyboard, when plugged into my PC will not type a lowercase A. However when i use "Shift +A" or "Ctrl + A", those work just fine. I've plugged the keyboard into my laptop and this issue doesn't occur. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and that hasn't...
  10. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

Keyboard is typing the wrong letters: My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them. s key types an i q key types a s e key types a m Same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard typing random letters

2. my key is tying ramdom letters when i push a key

3. keyboard is typing random letters