Windows 10: Keyboard typing rubbish

Discus and support Keyboard typing rubbish in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, i updated my second laptop to 1809 some time ago and after that it would not select my password and because it uses the same password and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cute Lilly, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Keyboard typing rubbish

Hello,

i updated my second laptop to 1809 some time ago and after that it would not select my password and because it uses the same password and login details as my main laptop I don’t want to change the password. So I put it away in disgust and decided to get it out yesterday and try again by using the on board keyboard that you can get on the login screen. Once in, I noticed that the keys I was pressing was not typing the same hence that was the reason my password at login was telling me it was incorrect every try. So I think after the update it was changed from the qwerty keyboard to the other one and now I want to change it back to the qwerty one so that I can use the proper keyboard and upgrade it from 1809 to 1903 and the when available 1909. So would someone be kind enough to send me some easy laymans instructions on how to change it back to the qwerty one unless it is some other problem.

many thanks

Liz

:)

Cute Lilly, Oct 12, 2019

2. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 12, 2019
  3. How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Keyboard typing rubbish

Issue with typing using keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with typing using keyboard.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which web browser are you using?
    • Are you facing this issue on all the web browsers?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Damaged hardware.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

3. Corrupt keyboard driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists or not.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all available Windows Updates and devices drivers from the computer manufacturer website.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard typing rubbish

1. Keyboard typing rubbish - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing rubbish

2. keyboard not typing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    keyboard not typing: need help with my keyboard because i was trying to log into microsoft store but cant due to my settings can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-typing/4dc5c75f-0400-4741-a0a4-ae70241083dd
  3. typing and keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing and keyboard: when I type in any situation, especially in emails I get an extra letter added to one I have typed, especially the o and p. Happens with other letters sometimes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-and-keyboard/c971ca6f-58a9-4ae8-9410-b6421f16ce7c
  4. rubbish bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rubbish bin: Where do I find the rubbish bin on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rubbish/7ad89d63-e8a3-48bd-96fd-443233c66f10
  5. Windows rubbish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows rubbish: I have just had windows 10 installed I believe, I have lost Microsoft Office Professional which I paid for, I have also lost photos of my visit to the Normandy battlefields with my mate to see his grandads grave, disgraceful, I am not a pc buff and do not know how to fix this...
  6. Keyboard Typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! My keyboard is fine. but when I type the letter a, it will have a French accent on it. It didn't happen there but it happens to me in other apps like Google Docs. Is there any way I can stop that? Please reply back. Your help will be much appreciated....
  7. Keyboard typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing: I completely restarted my pc and cleaned everything out. First, I could type but then I accidentally hit narrator tab and I could use my laptop keyboard any more. I thought, after starting it'll get back to normal, but it turned on completely and even in the start bar or...
  8. Keyboard not typing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not typing: Help me to get my keyboard typing please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-typing/f7ba409f-7177-4d81-a89b-f76a48e06810
  9. keyboard not typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not typing: some letters are not typing they are "a.s.d.j.k.l." at the present im typing on a Bluetooth keyboard its working fine, I think it the HP laptop keyboard being the problem. "HELP ME" please...
  10. Keyboard types

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard types: How do I make my keyboard stop typing quotation mark instead of the at sign. It also types uppercase E instead of question mark. I have updated the driver and set the language to my own country. None of this fixed the issue. I have Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard on system typing rubbish

2. laptop keyboard typing garbage

3. bluetooth keyboard typing rubbish

4. keyboard typing garbage,
  5. logitech keyboard typing rubbish