Windows 10: Keyboard typing weird

Discus and support Keyboard typing weird in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; on my windows 10 laptop my keyboard types t\ instead of t or \ , ib instead of i or b, pk instead of p or k, 7] instead of 7 or ] and the list goes on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AllishaB, Mar 11, 2019.

1. AllishaB Win User

Keyboard typing weird

on my windows 10 laptop my keyboard types t\ instead of t or \ , ib instead of i or b, pk instead of p or k, 7] instead of 7 or ] and the list goes on. I have tried to look up the issue but i cant figure it out. I use a USB keyboard its a logitech im working if i accidently pressed a key or a couple of keys butnim not sure please help!!

:)

AllishaB, Mar 11, 2019

2. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 11, 2019
  3. keyboard weird shortcuts

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to update the latest keyboard drivers for Windows 10 from the manufactures website if not available then install the driver in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Keyboard typing weird

How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard typing weird

1. Keyboard typing weird - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing weird

2. wireless keyboard having a weird type of lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless keyboard having a weird type of lag: I have a dell wireless keyboard + mouse setup with my PC It has a weird type of lag on random occasions missing keystrokes/ delay in registering keystrokes, feels as if the keystrokes are getting registering lateWhenever, I encounter this issue it either goes off itself in...
  3. wireless keyboard having a weird type of lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless keyboard having a weird type of lag: I have a dell wireless keyboard + mouse setup with my PC It has a weird type of lag on random occasions missing keystrokes/ delay in registering keystrokes, feels as if the keystrokes are getting registering lateWhenever, I encounter this issue it either goes off itself in...
  4. wireless keyboard having a weird type of lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard Elite for bluetooth : Model 1002 - Strange/Weird issue with typing

Keyboard Elite for bluetooth : Model 1002 - Strange/Weird issue with typing: Hi, I need some help with my Bluetooth keyboard Model 1002. The issue I am having is that after being connected for a various amount of time, could be 2-3 hours, or could be a couple of days, when I start to type, various letters are presented, not the ones that I have...
  6. Keyboard weird.

Keyboard weird.: I had a problem where apostrophes would transpose and question marks would have a plus sign in front of them. It was absolutely doing my head in. I glanced at something that suggested WINDOWS KEY plus SPACE BAR. I tried it and that half solved the problem. Then I did SHIFT...
  7. Keyboard weird.

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard weird.: I had a problem where apostrophes would transpose and question marks would have a plus sign in front of them. It was absolutely doing my head in. I glanced at something that suggested WINDOWS KEY plus SPACE BAR. I tried it and that half solved the problem. Then I did SHIFT...
  8. Keyboard typing weird characters

Keyboard typing weird characters: So, I have booted up my PC today, and found out that the keyboard has been instead of normal letters, it has been typing symbols or vietnamese and slavic letters. To the keyboard also joined the mouse, that when I want to scroll down a page, it zooms in and out. My PC is...
  9. Weird keyboard

Weird keyboard: Hello, I recently purchased a new Dell laptop inspiron 7000. I was having the greatest time of my life with tablet mode until I realized sometimes after long use, the keyboard starts to become unresponsive and when switched to desktop mode the keyboard is only responsive...
  10. Keyboard Weirdness

Keyboard Weirdness: Hi all, I'm having an issue with keyboards. They will randomly stop working. At first I had a wired keyboard and had to physically remove it from the USB slot (then plug it back in). Now I have a wireless keyboard, and I can fix the issue by opening the battery...