Windows 10: Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix

Discus and support Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is not a question but a fix. I had 4 sessions with 4 different MS customer support staff on this issue. One fixed the problem but once rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cute Lilly, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix

This is not a question but a fix.

I had 4 sessions with 4 different MS customer support staff on this issue. One fixed the problem but once rebooted it again said my PW was incorrect but I knew it wasn’t because I could get in on my other laptop OK and also on the onboard keyboard in windows 10. Some of these sessions took an hour and they had remote access to my laptop for no permanent fix. Finally, I got a lovely girl from the Philippines customer support who took just 5 minutes to fix my issue however, this may not apply to all laptops but this particular one was purchased in 2011 with windows 7 but I have kept it updated to now be running 1909. My fix was that there was a KEY on the keyboard that has fn only on it and another one with numlk and delete on it and all she told me to do was press these 2 keys together for about 3 seconds which I did and then I had to type something which was correct. Then she stayed on the line until I rebooted and for the first time in months it accepted my password so all is great again. But, you can always add an external keyboard as a last resort as I did. Now as I said, if you don’t have these 2 keys on the keyboard then I have no idea. The fn and numlk are in blue print and easy to find because of the blue so GOOD LUCK.

Liz

:)

Cute Lilly, Dec 3, 2019

2. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results.

PeterKleinschmidt1, Dec 3, 2019
  3. AKP316 Win User
    Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them.

s key types an i

q key types a s

e key types a m

Same letters, same results. I am typing just fine on the Microsoft help page, but can't when I am on the internet. What is going on?

AKP316, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix

Keyboard types letters instead of numbers when inputting card details

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the keyboard issue that type letters instead of numbers when putting in card details. Kindly refer to the response of
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP on this
    link
    . This will provide you steps on how to use the correct software keyboard.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix

1. Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing wrong

2. my keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard types wrong letters: when i type the letter o or l it types other letters and i need a solution i checked the language settings and nothing is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-letters/c144235d-d927-40df-b11d-39a8d3c181a9
  3. my keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard types wrong letters: when i type the letter o or l it types other letters and i need a solution i checked the language settings and nothing is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-letters/c144235d-d927-40df-b11d-39a8d3c181a9
  4. Sculpt Keyboard adding numbers to every letter typed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sculpt Keyboard adding numbers to every letter typed: Hello,I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue. My husband and I have the same Sculpt wireless keyboard. The other day, his keyboard began putting numbers into random keys - c52x3c and so on. So far I have:removed the batteries several timesreplaced batteries with...
  5. Keyboard typing random letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing random letters and numbers: Accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it types random letters and numbers whenever you press certain keys.Also on my lock screen so I can’t get to device manager from my keyboard Because I can’t type in my password. Please help...
  6. Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10: Are you facing trouble with your keyboard? Is your keyboard typing the wrong letters? If yes, this post may help you. Here, we will describe some solutions to fix keyboard typing wrong letters. Sometimes, the problem is not as complicated as users think. Hence, before you...
  7. Keyboard typing the wrong letters after Windows 10 reinitialisation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard typing the wrong letters after Windows 10 reinitialisation: I recently got laid off but was given my work computer. I had to reinitialise Windows 10. When it started again, I couldn't enter my personal login i fo because the keyboard is typing the wrong letters and characters. I tried the numlock..did not work. I tried using a usb...
  8. Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters: keyboard types numbers instead of letters in the command window. Also in some other apps. Not in notepad, not in google chrome not in file explorer. Pressing Num Lock doesn't change anything. Using an Asus UX31e Zenbook with external mouse, keyboard and monitor. Keyboard...
  9. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters: Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results....
  10. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

Keyboard is typing the wrong letters: My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them. s key types an i q key types a s e key types a m Same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keys on keyboard switched during last update

2. fix keyboard after update