Windows 10: Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix

Discus and support Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is not a question but a fix. I had 4 sessions with 4 different MS customer support staff on this issue. One fixed the problem but once rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cute Lilly, Dec 3, 2019 at 3:17 AM.

1. Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix

This is not a question but a fix.

I had 4 sessions with 4 different MS customer support staff on this issue. One fixed the problem but once rebooted it again said my PW was incorrect but I knew it wasn’t because I could get in on my other laptop OK and also on the onboard keyboard in windows 10. Some of these sessions took an hour and they had remote access to my laptop for no permanent fix. Finally, I got a lovely girl from the Philippines customer support who took just 5 minutes to fix my issue however, this may not apply to all laptops but this particular one was purchased in 2011 with windows 7 but I have kept it updated to now be running 1909. My fix was that there was a KEY on the keyboard that has fn only on it and another one with numlk and delete on it and all she told me to do was press these 2 keys together for about 3 seconds which I did and then I had to type something which was correct. Then she stayed on the line until I rebooted and for the first time in months it accepted my password so all is great again. But, you can always add an external keyboard as a last resort as I did. Now as I said, if you don’t have these 2 keys on the keyboard then I have no idea. The fn and numlk are in blue print and easy to find because of the blue so GOOD LUCK.

Liz

:)

2. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results.

PeterKleinschmidt1, Dec 3, 2019 at 3:26 AM
  3. AKP316 Win User
    Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them.

s key types an i

q key types a s

e key types a m

Same letters, same results. I am typing just fine on the Microsoft help page, but can't when I am on the internet. What is going on?

4. Rose Ter Win User

Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix

Keyboard types letters instead of numbers when inputting card details

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the keyboard issue that type letters instead of numbers when putting in card details. Kindly refer to the response of
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP on this
    link
    . This will provide you steps on how to use the correct software keyboard.

Let us know how it goes.

Thema:

Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix

1. Keyboard typing wrong letters and numbers after update fix - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing wrong

2. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters: Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results....
  3. Keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing wrong characters: Win 10- up to date -Asus desktop-recently began typing the wrong letters when I am trying to find a file in my documents, pictures etc..this has been asked before but the reply from 2016 doesn't apply to my Settings topics..why is this suddenly happening ? This is the only...
  4. Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Usually, numbers keys are present on two spots on a keyboard. One is at the number pad and the other of above the letters. You might face an issue where your laptop keyboard won’t type numbers. This could be with [...] This post Keyboard wont type numbers OR...
  5. Keyboard typing wrong symbol

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing wrong symbol: Hey, My keyboard is having some error. 1. shift + 2 output " (should be @) 2. shift + 3 output £ (should be #) 3. shift + ' output @ (should be ") How should I fix this ? Regards, CXY...
  6. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing Random Letters: Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and...
  7. typing and getting wrong letters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing and getting wrong letters: This a brand new computer. When I hit the top Question mark key, it goes to windows startup. When I hit the bottom question slash key I get an e with a line on top of it. When I use forward slash key, I get the same letter as a Capital letter...
  8. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

Keyboard is typing the wrong letters: My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them. s key types an i q key types a s e key types a m Same...
  9. Keyboard typing wrong keys

Keyboard typing wrong keys: When i type the numbers 2 3 4 5 it shows up as 6 7 8 9, and when i type the numbers 6 7 8 9 it shows as 2 3 4 5. How to fix ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-typing-wrong-keys/0fdf1785-918a-4570-8181-686cf43c3830
  10. New dell 1500. Keyboard types wrong letters .

in Windows 10 Support
    New dell 1500. Keyboard types wrong letters .: Help an old hippie out 72738