Windows 10: Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Are you facing trouble with your keyboard? Is your keyboard typing the wrong letters? If yes, this post may help you. Here, we will describe some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 1, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10

Are you facing trouble with your keyboard? Is your keyboard typing the wrong letters? If yes, this post may help you. Here, we will describe some solutions to fix keyboard typing wrong letters. Sometimes, the problem is not as complicated as users think. Hence, before you start troubleshooting steps, there are a few things that you should check if your Laptop keyboard is not working.

• Unplug the USB keyboard from the slot, wait for a few minutes, and plug it again in the same USB port.
    • Plug the USB keyboard into another USB port.
    • If you have connected your keyboard to your computer via a USB hub, make sure that it is powered ON. If the hub is powered ON and the keyboard is not working, unplug it from the USB hub and connect it to the laptop or desktop computer directly.
    • Check the wires of your keyboard to know whether it is damaged or not.
    • Sometimes, the connection breaks due to the deposition of dust. Connect your keyboard after cleaning the USB connector and the port, and see if it helps.
    • For the wireless keyboard, press the reset button and connect it again.
    • If your keyboard is connected to the computer through a wireless USB receiver, unplug it from the computer wait for a few minutes, and then connect it again.

If the above steps did not fix the problem, proceed to the troubleshooting methods described in this post.

Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10 keyboard-typing-wrong-letters.png

Try the following solutions:

1. Run Keyboard Troubleshooter.
    2. Uninstall the keyboard driver and install it again.
    3. Override for default input language
    4. Check if you have added the correct keyboard layout.
    1] Run Keyboard Troubleshooter

This is the first step that you should do. You will find the Keyboard Troubleshooter in the Windows Settings app. It scans for the problem and fixes it (if possible). After the troubleshooting gets finished, check whether it has solved the issue or not.

2] Uninstall the keyboard driver and install it again

Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10 keyboard-typing-wrong-letters-1.png

The problem may also occur due to corrupted or outdated keyboard drivers. Uninstall the keyboard driver that you currently have and restart your system.

After restart, Windows will automatically install the latest keyboard drivers. If not, you can install the latest keyboard driver manually. You may also download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

3] Override for default input language

Many users have found this solution helpful. Hence, it might work for you too.

Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10 keyboard-typing-wrong-letters-2.png

Follow the below-listed steps to set your keyboard to the default language of your system. Use the Override for default input language option and set it to English US.

1. Open Settings app on Windows 10.
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. Select Language from the left side.
    4. Now, under the Language section on the right side, select Keyboard.
    5. Select English (United States) from the Override for default input language drop-down menu.

Restart your system and see if it helps. This has been known to help many.

TIP: Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator lets you create custom keyboard layouts.

4] Check if you have selected the right keyboard layout

The problem of keyboard typing wrong letters also occurs when a user has selected the wrong keyboard layout on his system. You can check this in the Settings app.

Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10 keyboard-typing-wrong-letters-3.png

Follow the instructions below:

1. Open Settings app.
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. Select Language from the left side.
    4. Under the Preferred Language section, select your Language and click Options.
    5. If your preferred language is not added to the list, you can add it by clicking on the Add a language option.
    6. In the Keyboards section, click on the Add a keyboard option.
    7. Select the keyboard layout from the list.

We hope this post helped you solve the issue.

Related posts:

Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10 keyboard-typing-wrong-letters.png
    This article Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 1, 2021

2. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results.

PeterKleinschmidt1, Jun 1, 2021
  3. alilast Win User
    Keyboard typing the wrong letters after Windows 10 reinitialisation

I recently got laid off but was given my work computer. I had to reinitialize Windows 10. When it started again, I couldn't enter my personal login i few because the keyboard is typing the wrong letters and characters.
    I tried the hemlock..did not work. I tried using a USB keyboard, and it was still typing the wrong letters.

alilast, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Clau79 Win User

Keyboard typing the wrong letters after Windows 10 reinitialisation

I recently got laid off but was given my work computer. I had to reinitialise Windows 10. When it started again, I couldn't enter my personal login i fo because the keyboard is typing the wrong letters and characters. I tried the numlock..did not work.
    I tried using a usb keyboard, and it was still typing the wrong letters. Q is now A. M is comma (,) and the @ symbol is nowhere to be found. Can anyone help me? Thank you

Clau79, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing wrong

2. my keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard types wrong letters: when i type the letter o or l it types other letters and i need a solution i checked the language settings and nothing is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-letters/c144235d-d927-40df-b11d-39a8d3c181a9
  3. my keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard types wrong letters: when i type the letter o or l it types other letters and i need a solution i checked the language settings and nothing is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-letters/c144235d-d927-40df-b11d-39a8d3c181a9
  4. Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters: Hi, my keyboard started a few weeks ago to type the wrong letters when pressing keys. It happens randomly and out of nowhere, for example, right now it works fine but when trying to save a file from any browser it starts to type random letters when trying to name the file....
  5. Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters: Hi, my keyboard started a few weeks ago to type the wrong letters when pressing keys. It happens randomly and out of nowhere, for example, right now it works fine but when trying to save a file from any browser it starts to type random letters when trying to name the file....
  6. Keyboard typing the wrong letters after Windows 10 reinitialisation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard typing the wrong letters after Windows 10 reinitialisation: I recently got laid off but was given my work computer. I had to reinitialise Windows 10. When it started again, I couldn't enter my personal login i fo because the keyboard is typing the wrong letters and characters. I tried the numlock..did not work. I tried using a usb...
  7. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters: Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results....
  8. typing and getting wrong letters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing and getting wrong letters: This a brand new computer. When I hit the top Question mark key, it goes to windows startup. When I hit the bottom question slash key I get an e with a line on top of it. When I use forward slash key, I get the same letter as a Capital letter...
  9. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard is typing the wrong letters: My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them. s key types an i q key types a s e key types a m Same...
  10. New dell 1500. Keyboard types wrong letters .

in Windows 10 Support
    New dell 1500. Keyboard types wrong letters .: Help an old hippie out 72738