Windows 10: Keyboard typing wrong symbol

Discus and support Keyboard typing wrong symbol in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, My keyboard is having some error. 1. shift + 2 output " (should be @) 2. shift + 3 output £ (should be #) 3. shift + ' output @ (should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CXY1, Jul 20, 2019.

1. CXY1 Win User

Keyboard typing wrong symbol

Hey,

My keyboard is having some error.

1. shift + 2 output " (should be @)

2. shift + 3 output £ (should be #)

3. shift + ' output @ (should be ")

How should I fix this ?

Regards,

CXY

:)

2. Micklanna Win User

Using keyboard to type symbols

Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ?

I had a list of symbols and icons that one could write years ago but I lost it and can't find it using Google.

Thanks, Mick

Micklanna, Jul 20, 2019
  3. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Keyboard typing wrong symbol

Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard typing wrong symbol

1. Keyboard typing wrong symbol - Similar Threads - Keyboard typing wrong

2. My keyboard types wrong characters and the wrong symbols sometimes in windows 11, usually...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard types wrong characters and the wrong symbols sometimes in windows 11, usually...: It started after the last windows 11 updated. In Word / Notepad are all fine. And in typing this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-characters-and-the-wrong/760eeaae-dbc4-4d29-91ab-d1310d0da660
  3. My keyboard types wrong characters and the wrong symbols sometimes in windows 11, usually...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard types wrong characters and the wrong symbols sometimes in windows 11, usually...: It started after the last windows 11 updated. In Word / Notepad are all fine. And in typing this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-characters-and-the-wrong/760eeaae-dbc4-4d29-91ab-d1310d0da660
  4. keybroad typing wrong symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keybroad typing wrong symbols: when im not in caps it types in caps i cant even put down a comma or a period because it will look like < or > and im not pressing shift when i try to type im i get i"m when i try to type numbers this happens : !@#$%^&* i dont know what to do and ive gone through all...
  5. new keyboard not typing correct symbols

new keyboard not typing correct symbols: Hi I have just purchased a Microsoft wired 600 keyboard but I cannot find the question mark when I press the up arrow to select the symbol the symbol I press is not the right one eg the button that's is labelled question mark produces _ an underscore. This isn't the only...
  6. keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard typing wrong characters: My keyboard enters " when I type @ I choose UK English for the keyboard, and now can't find a way to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-wrong-characters/420ea5db-768d-4f4e-aef2-a2e992376ba2
  7. Keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing wrong characters: Win 10- up to date -Asus desktop-recently began typing the wrong letters when I am trying to find a file in my documents, pictures etc..this has been asked before but the reply from 2016 doesn't apply to my Settings topics..why is this suddenly happening ? This is the only...
  8. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

Keyboard is typing the wrong letters: My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them. s key types an i q key types a s e key types a m Same...
  9. Keyboard typing wrong keys

Keyboard typing wrong keys: When i type the numbers 2 3 4 5 it shows up as 6 7 8 9, and when i type the numbers 6 7 8 9 it shows as 2 3 4 5. How to fix ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-typing-wrong-keys/0fdf1785-918a-4570-8181-686cf43c3830
  10. Using keyboard to type symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Using keyboard to type symbols: Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ? I had a list of symbols and icons that one could write years ago but I lost it and can't find it using Google. Thanks, Mick 114675