Windows 10: Keyboard unable to press 3 combos Not anti ghosting problem

Discus and support Keyboard unable to press 3 combos Not anti ghosting problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to ask if anyone knew how to fix this keyboard problem where if you press the specific combo SDC or WEC the keyboard only registers 2 of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Crylicsz, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Crylicsz Win User

Keyboard unable to press 3 combos Not anti ghosting problem

I would like to ask if anyone knew how to fix this keyboard problem where if you press the specific combo SDC or WEC the keyboard only registers 2 of the keys pressed. I dont have anti ghosting but that isnt the problem since i can press 4 keys at once but i just cant press the specific combos if you know a fix or experienced anything like this could i know Already ran a trouble shoot test on keyboard.

:)

Crylicsz, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Denali_ Win User

Anti-Ghosting Isuues

I bought this Alienware laptop and everything works fine EXCEPT the anti-ghosting. I contacted Alienware/Dell about it and they tweeted

Keyboard unable to press 3 combos Not anti ghosting problem aa412726-55d0-44c7-b150-798149c54ed6.png

As you can see they clearly stated it's a windows limitation. Any way to solve this? I can't hold W, A and the side or up arrow button making games like Binding of Isaac almost impossible to play.

I'm talking about the built in keyboard by the way, I installed intellitype and nothing came of it. I've also noticed this issue on anti-ghosting keyboards on Windows 10

Denali_, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Wshlist Win User
    Microsoft’s SideWinder X4 Keyboard Debuts Advanced Anti-Ghosting Technology

From wikipedia:
    "Key ghosting occurs on matrix keyboards for certain combinations of 3 keys. When these three keys are pressed simultaneously a fourth keypress is erroneously registered by the keyboard controller. Modern keyboards detect ghosting and instead of registering a fourth key will ignore the third key, which is known as jamming. Which keys jam when pressed together differs between brands and models of keyboards."

And from another section on wikipedia:
    "The keyboard switch matrix is often drawn with horizontal wires and vertical wires in a grid which is called a matrix circuit. It has a switch at some or all intersections, much like a multiplexed display. Almost all keyboards have only the switch at each intersection, which causes "ghost keys" and "key jamming" when multiple keys are pressed (see rollover (key) ). Certain, often more expensive keyboards have a diode between each intersection, allowing the keyboard microcontroller to accurately sense any number of simultaneous keys being pressed, without generating erroneous ghost keys"

Wshlist, Jan 14, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft’s SideWinder X4 Keyboard Debuts Advanced Anti-Ghosting Technology

What gamers request most is better control in-game, and today Microsoft Hardware launches the SideWinder X4 Keyboard, a keyboard designed to give gamers more control over their gaming experience with the industry’s most advanced anti-ghosting technology. Developed by the Applied Sciences Group, this new technology ensures gamers’ most complex key combinations will be recognized by the computer to keep the game in action. The new keyboard also offers other advanced gaming features such as macro recording, mode and profile switching, and adjustable backlighting.

The Applied Sciences Group, an interdisciplinary research and development team that works across the Microsoft Entertainment & Devices Division doing applied research for Microsoft Hardware, Microsoft Surface and Xbox 360, developed the anti-ghosting technology with gamers in mind. The advanced technology takes anti-ghosting to the next level by allowing gamers to press up to 26 keys at once. Because each key is scanned independently by the keyboard hardware, each key press is correctly detected regardless of how many other keys are being pressed at the same time. The SideWinder X4 Keyboard excels where other keyboards fail, letting users execute key combinations and taking full advantage of their skill and speed.

Keyboard unable to press 3 combos Not anti ghosting problem 11a_thm.jpg

“We’re always looking for new and novel ways to enhance people’s interactions with their PCs,” said Steven Bathiche, research manager of the Applied Sciences Group at Microsoft. “We know that ghosting can be a problem for gamers, so we wanted to develop a way to eliminate this issue and improve the overall gaming experience, and we’ve succeeded with the new anti-ghosting technology in the SideWinder X4 Keyboard.”

Precise Gaming Keyboard With Advanced Features
    The SideWinder X4 Keyboard also offers more of the features gamers need to stay at the top of their game. Macro recording lets them string together multiple moves into one press of a button, and the new automatic macro repetition feature lets them repeat the macro over and over as needed with one key. Mode and profile switching also provides easy ways to customize the keyboard for different games and users while adjustable backlighting lets gamers select the lighting level that meets their needs.

Pricing and Availability
    The SideWinder X4 Keyboard will be available in March 2010 for the estimated retail price of $59.95 (U.S)1 and will be available for pre-sale on Amazon.com later this week. The SideWinder X4 Keyboard is backed by a worldwide three-year limited hardware warranty, and more information about this and other Microsoft Hardware products can be found at here.

btarunr, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard unable to press 3 combos Not anti ghosting problem - Similar Threads - Keyboard unable press

2. Anti-Ghosting problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anti-Ghosting problem: So, i play rhythm games, and sometimes i press more than 7 keys in keyboard in the same time. But i buy a new ANTI-GHOSTING keyboard, and now i just can press 3 keys in the same time. the keyboard don't have any software, there's a way to solve this?...
  3. Anti-Ghosting problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anti-Ghosting problem: So, i play rhythm games, and sometimes i press more than 7 keys in keyboard in the same time. But i buy a new ANTI-GHOSTING keyboard, and now i just can press 3 keys in the same time. the keyboard don't have any software, there's a way to solve this?...
  4. Anti-Ghosting problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. wisfox keyboard and mouse combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wisfox keyboard and mouse combo: Is there anyone else out there had a problem with the keyboard above. Every time I try to it the drivers for the Micro plug will not download, which means both the keyboard and mouse are just a good door stop. All my USB connections are working fine I have all my printers in...
  6. wisfox keyboard and mouse combo

wisfox keyboard and mouse combo: Is there anyone else out there had a problem with the keyboard above. Every time I try to it the drivers for the Micro plug will not download, which means both the keyboard and mouse are just a good door stop. All my USB connections are working fine I have all my printers in...
  7. wisfox keyboard and mouse combo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Keyboard Beeping when pressing Button Combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Beeping when pressing Button Combo: So recently I was playing a game called Metro Exodus, In that game you can walk by pressing x and w, a, s, or d, and so I was trying to walk diagonally x+w+d and I heard beeping and I only walked forward. I had recently switched to a older keyboard as my other keyboard had...
  9. Keyboard Beeping when pressing Button Combo

Keyboard Beeping when pressing Button Combo: So recently I was playing a game called Metro Exodus, In that game you can walk by pressing x and w, a, s, or d, and so I was trying to walk diagonally x+w+d and I heard beeping and I only walked forward. I had recently switched to a older keyboard as my other keyboard had...
  10. Ghost keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost keyboard Layout: Hey guys, I Installed my new computer two months ago with Windows on it and since 2 weeks I have a new layout keyboard that came on my computer (Qwerty). Since my keyboard is not a Qwerty I want to get rid of it because sometime while using Windows I switch layout and it's a...