Windows 10: Keyboard - unable to type while in excel.

Discus and support Keyboard - unable to type while in excel. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i was creating a simple excel spreadsheet. I was typing along, heard a binging sound must have hit a secret key combination and now the keyboard will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cattas42, Nov 30, 2020.

1. cattas42 Win User

Keyboard - unable to type while in excel.

i was creating a simple excel spreadsheet. I was typing along, heard a binging sound must have hit a secret key combination and now the keyboard will not respond. should be an easy fix but i'm not sure what to do. any help?

:)

cattas42, Nov 30, 2020

2. Unable to print Excel documents on Windows 10.

Hello Gifford,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to print Excel documents on the computer running Windows 10.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if you are able to print other system documents or webpages using the printer?
    • Did you check if the printer is visible under Devices and Printers?

You will be able to print documents and web pages from the Printer if the device is online or showing working status under
    Devices and Printers.

If haven’t tried, I suggest you to check if you are able to print documents other than Excel documents or webpages using the printer.

Also check if the printer is listed under Devices and Printers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Devices and Drivers and select the top most search result.
    • Under Printers, check if the printer you are trying to print from is listed.
    • If yes, print a test Excel document and check if the device works.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Keyboard - unable to type while in excel.

How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

Change your keyboard layout

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard - unable to type while in excel.

1. Keyboard - unable to type while in excel. - Similar Threads - Keyboard unable type

2. unable to type numbers in keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to type numbers in keyboard.: keyboard unable to type numbers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-type-numbers-in-keyboard/c6b6ce9f-c105-4a3e-9d63-a5435d69827d
  3. unable to type numbers in keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to type numbers in keyboard.: keyboard unable to type numbers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-type-numbers-in-keyboard/c6b6ce9f-c105-4a3e-9d63-a5435d69827d
  4. Logitech keyboard cutting out while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech keyboard cutting out while typing: My Logitech keyboard frequently stops working for 3-5 seconds while I'm typing. I've tried different things, like switching batteries and other things, but the solution is still ineffective....
  5. Excessive keyboard delay after not typing for a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excessive keyboard delay after not typing for a while: Community, My desktop is running WIN10. If I don't use the keyboard for a minute or two, then when I start to type again, I have to wait for a minute or more before the keyboard input is accepted by the computer. I am using a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. The mouse...
  6. cannot correct keyboard stopping while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot correct keyboard stopping while typing: Recently I've experience problems with my keyboard stopping typing. It feels like it just times out and stops. I have gone thru the community and have followed the suggestions without success. I've gone thru troubleshooting, updating, deleting and reinstalling drivers (all...
  7. Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard: As the title suggests I can't use touchpad while I'm typing. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 330. It has windows 10 and synaptics touchpad. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-touchpad-while-typing-on-keyboard/4b8044ab-a5e0-412f-8da7-0ba9344749f2
  8. While typing on keyboard opens different programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    While typing on keyboard opens different programs: Recently I am having an Issue with my Desktop PC. While I tried to write something using my Keyboard on Firefox, Chrome or even Microsoft office Word, Notepad it keeps opens different programs instead of typing. I thought the cause might be malware or virus. So I did a deep...
  9. Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.: I have noticed some problems with my keyboard and trackpad. I would press a key and the mouse would not let me move my mouse. This was a nuisance, especially when I play video games. I have had this problem before but I just had to change the smart senses in those mouses....
  10. Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard: Hello, i'm used that when i start, let's say R, explorer will point at the first file starting by R in the current folder. Now when i'm typing, it directly input that in the searchbox. How do i get back to the good old behavior? 59862