Windows 10: Keyboard unresponsive after restart only.

Discus and support Keyboard unresponsive after restart only. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an ASUS RoG laptop. After my profile became corrupt and set up a new profile, the windows tech support put my old profile info in a weird spot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SwagglePuf, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Keyboard unresponsive after restart only.

I have an ASUS RoG laptop. After my profile became corrupt and set up a new profile, the windows tech support put my old profile info in a weird spot. Seeing as how I didn't have a whole lot and my complete set up was messed up, I decided to just do a reset and start over from scratch.

The issue is I cannot get to the pin code screen after a restart. I have to put the computer to sleep and then wake it up and then I an enter my pin code. Until then I cannot get to that screen, the computer doesn't respond to key strokes, doesn't respond to the track pad or buttons, and it doesn't respond to a usb mouse.

If I shut the computer down fully and restart it, I have no problem getting to the pin code screen. I don't really want to do a full reset again, is there any way to fix this with in windows.

:)

SwagglePuf, Jul 7, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jul 7, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Keyboard unresponsive after restart only.

Unresponsive keyboard issue

Hi everyone,

Have a bit of an issue with Windows 10. Occasionally after an update something will go wrong and the PC will boot into the automatic repair. However when I get to the choose keyboard input screen, the keyboard and mouse are totally unresponsive.

Usually this goes a away after a couple of restarts, but it seems quite stuck now. The keyboard works fine to get me into Bios but after that goes back to the same unresponsive state.

If anyone had any idea of a possible fix I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,
    Ricky

musket the dog, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard unresponsive after restart only.

1. Keyboard unresponsive after restart only. - Similar Threads - Keyboard unresponsive restart

2. Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update: Hello, I have a Lenovo T530 laptop. Until yesterday 9/2/2023,it was running fine. Yesterday morning, I did a scan to find outdated drivers. Found 7 of them. Updated them one at a time. After putting in the last one Did not know what it was for and restarting the machine,...
  3. Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update: Hello, I have a Lenovo T530 laptop. Until yesterday 9/2/2023,it was running fine. Yesterday morning, I did a scan to find outdated drivers. Found 7 of them. Updated them one at a time. After putting in the last one Did not know what it was for and restarting the machine,...
  4. Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srshah27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vg3bff/after_restarts_only_taskbar_and_explorer_are/
  6. Keyboard unresponsive only after control is pressed

Keyboard unresponsive only after control is pressed: recently I noticed that if I pressed control, and then a key quickly after, the key input would be delayed by about half a second. This only happens with the control key, left and right. Otherwise my keyboard works fine. Any solutions?...
  7. Keyboard unresponsive

Keyboard unresponsive: I just installed the new update that windows was pushing today. After a couple hours my keyboard and mouse stopped responding so I restarted my system. The mouse works now but not the keyboard. Yet, when I press any key on the lock screen startup, it opens it to put my...
  8. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after boot: Hi all, Windows boot to my user login page but the keyboard and mouse do not work. Unplugged and back, no luck. They do work on bios. Legacy usb is enabled. In advanced repair mode (where you end up if you power on and off 3 times...) both work. In safe mode not....
  9. Unresponsive keyboard

Unresponsive keyboard: Hi. The keyboard panel of my laptop (Acer TravelMate 249 series) has been unresponsive after the following update (2018-12 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4471324)). Could anyone please advise me on what I should do? Thank you....
  10. Cortana unresponsive after restart/boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana unresponsive after restart/boot: After a restart, and occasionally after SLEEP, Cortana will not respond to voice commands. (Text is okay.) Try again and all is well. This has been a continuing problem on two computers, one running HOME and the other PRO 1607, that was evident in earlier builds. The...