Windows 10: Keyboard use of cortana

Discus and support Keyboard use of cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I do not have a microphone attached to my computer and can no longer use Cortana. How do I get back to using Cortana with keyboard entry?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DavidClimiesd, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Keyboard use of cortana

I do not have a microphone attached to my computer and can no longer use Cortana. How do I get back to using Cortana with keyboard entry?

:)

DavidClimiesd, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Keyboard use of cortana

Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard use of cortana

1. Keyboard use of cortana - Similar Threads - Keyboard cortana

2. Brand New Aspire Windows 10, can't get past Cortana set-up, keyboard won't type.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand New Aspire Windows 10, can't get past Cortana set-up, keyboard won't type.: I bought a BRAND NEW Acer Aspire 3 A315-21-93EY and everything looked perfect, everything sealed, but it won't type. The Cortana voice walks you thru the set-up with the blue screen I've done this a zillion times with new laptops, not hard but I'm dead in the water after...
  3. Brand New Aspire Windows 10, can't get past Cortana set-up, keyboard won't type.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Brand New Aspire Windows 10, can't get past Cortana set-up, keyboard won't type.: I bought a BRAND NEW Acer Aspire 3 A315-21-93EY and everything looked perfect, everything sealed, but it won't type. The Cortana voice walks you thru the set-up with the blue screen I've done this a zillion times with new laptops, not hard but I'm dead in the water after...
  4. Brand New Aspire Windows 10, can't get past Cortana set-up, keyboard won't type.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts: While using Microsoft Remote Desktop on a Mac, with "Use Mac shortcuts for copy, cut, paste and select all, undo, and find" checked in my preferences, most times, Copy and Paste work as I expect.Steps:1. Select text2. Cmd-C3. Click somewhere else in a document or field4....
  6. Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts: While using Microsoft Remote Desktop on a Mac, with "Use Mac shortcuts for copy, cut, paste and select all, undo, and find" checked in my preferences, most times, Copy and Paste work as I expect.Steps:1. Select text2. Cmd-C3. Click somewhere else in a document or field4....
  7. English US keyboard keep appearing when it is not one of the preferences and Cortana voice...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    English US keyboard keep appearing when it is not one of the preferences and Cortana voice...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/2-keyboard-layouts-keep-appearing-even-they-arent/de256e6e-a68b-4451-90b6-ada43a64b4dc?tm=1615834092403&rtAction=1615856341671I still have the same problem but the English UK is gone now but the...
  8. English US keyboard keep appearing and Cortana voice command doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    English US keyboard keep appearing and Cortana voice command doesn't work: From my last question posted on the forum,https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/2-keyboard-layouts-keep-appearing-even-they-arent/de256e6e-a68b-4451-90b6-ada43a64b4dc?tm=1615834092403&rtAction=1615856341671I still have the same problem...
  9. Cortana via keyboard

in Cortana
    Cortana via keyboard: No Microphone. Can I chat with Cortana using only the keyboard? And can I place a Cortana shortcut on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-via-keyboard/dd1d9a88-f4ba-4797-988c-ae179dd01648
  10. how to eanable keyboard in cortana

in Cortana
    how to eanable keyboard in cortana: [ATTACH] see the cortana i can only talk to her via mike but i want to talk to her via typing plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-eanable-keyboard-in-cortana/5b132c08-8f48-4551-b213-8bf7f7038fbd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chat with cortana by typing

2. ask cortana by typing

3. can you use cortana with keyboard

4. how to type a letter with cortana,
  5. use cortana with keyboard,
  6. will not except typing command