Windows 10: keyboard virus

Discus and support keyboard virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; keyboard virus fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/keyboard-virus/90da1cbc-cce2-4ead-b7c3-e1ab79de794a Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimOtto, Apr 10, 2020.

1. JimOtto Win User

keyboard virus

keyboard virus fix?

:)

JimOtto, Apr 10, 2020

2. Mouse and keyboard virus question

Hi,

Well, this is perhaps a little basic. I don't know a lot about IT. I may purchase a second-hand PS/2 mouse and keyboard. I have heard that USB mouses (mice?) and keyboards can carry a virus and infect your computer:

infection - Can my mouse have virus and infect other machines? - Information Security Stack Exchange

but is this true for PS/2 mouses and keyboards as well?

Thanks.

PS: I know it says I have a Win 7 system, but I am on the Win 10 forum because I am in the process of upgrading to Win 10, and have had trouble and it was suggested I remove my USB mouse and keyboard and use PS/2 instead, for the upgrade process.

NeedUpgradeHelp, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard virus

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

keyboard virus

1. keyboard virus - Similar Threads - keyboard virus

2. Is it possible for a wireless keyboard to contain a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible for a wireless keyboard to contain a virus?: I've downloaded an ISO file and "mounted" it but it only kept showing gray screen and loading. I restarted my laptop, however upon restart, my wireless keyboard is now not working. Is it possible that the ISO file contained a virus and attacked my wireless keyboard? What...
  3. Is it possible for a wireless keyboard to contain a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible for a wireless keyboard to contain a virus?: I've downloaded an ISO file and "mounted" it but it only kept showing gray screen and loading. I restarted my laptop, however upon restart, my wireless keyboard is now not working. Is it possible that the ISO file contained a virus and attacked my wireless keyboard? What...
  4. Keyboard virus a thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard virus a thing: My keyboard keeps for getting and mixing up everything on it even if I do a few view type and a is a 6 the slash is a DOT and one is an 8 it's very annoying put a patch out for this please...
  5. Keyboard virus a thing

Keyboard virus a thing: My keyboard keeps for getting and mixing up everything on it even if I do a few view type and a is a 6 the slash is a DOT and one is an 8 it's very annoying put a patch out for this please...
  6. Mouse and Keyboard not working after virus infection.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mouse and Keyboard not working after virus infection.: A couple of days ago, my mother wanted to edit videos using my pc, and I naively left it to her, which proved to be a mistake later. I don't know at what point it happened, but someone had gained access to my Instagram account and Discord. Using Discord, they attempted to...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard not working after virus infection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard not working after virus infection.: A couple of days ago, my mother wanted to edit videos using my pc, and I naively left it to her, which proved to be a mistake later. I don't know at what point it happened, but someone had gained access to my Instagram account and Discord. Using Discord, they attempted to...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard not working after virus infection.

9. My keyboard got virus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard got virus: Please help me, i tried everything on google but nothing happen, i think my keyboard got virus because i download a software. Please help its so frustating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-got-virus/6866b1a5-0f6f-47bb-9053-85cd6bf55fa5
  10. My keyboard got virus

My keyboard got virus: Please help me, i tried everything on google but nothing happen, i think my keyboard got virus because i download a software. Please help its so frustating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-got-virus/6866b1a5-0f6f-47bb-9053-85cd6bf55fa5