Windows 10: Keyboard Volume Hotkey Functions

Discus and support Keyboard Volume Hotkey Functions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just purchased a new USB keyboard and it doesn't have any volume adjustment buttons. I read many forums and conversations about creating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeremyDionson, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Keyboard Volume Hotkey Functions

Hi,

I just purchased a new USB keyboard and it doesn't have any volume adjustment buttons. I read many forums and conversations about creating shortcuts and ways to access the Volume Mixer on Windows 10 but nothing about creating hotkeys to adjust the volume with the press of a button or two without downloading a secondary program which I would prefer not to do.

When using an iOS bluetooth keyboard with Windows 10 the volume buttons control the volume perfectly. There is a window that pops up every time I click the volume adjustment buttons on the iOS bluetooth keyboard attached below, which never seems to pop up any other time besides when I use the iOS bluetooth keyboard volume buttons.

My questions are:

1. Why can't I designate a some of my function buttons on my new USB keyboard to control the volume like the iOS bluetooth keyboard?

2. Why can't I access this volume window or why does it not even pop up without using the iOS bluetooth keyboard?

Keyboard Volume Hotkey Functions ba88b4bd-cd9d-4a19-a65f-65d0cc076ffd?upload=true.png

Thank you.

:)

JeremyDionson, Jun 22, 2020

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jun 22, 2020
  3. dinkymau Win User
    Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?

Old thread appeared in searching for solutions how to set keyboard shortcuts to adjust Windows 10 volume. Dalchina's helpful pointers lead to finding yet another suitable up-to-date free app by grandmaster Nir Sofer : View / change sound volume on Windows 10/7/8/2008 from command-line or GUI

Step 1: Fire up SoundVolumeView and find your sound device by selecting (un)mute with right mouse
    Step 2: Go to File menu> Create Desktop Shortcut> select Increase and select Decrease Volume 5%
    Step 3: Right click each shortcut> Properties> Shortcut to set preferred hotkey. E.g. + and - on numpad
    Step 4: Right click each shortcut again> Properties> General and tick Hidden - Apply - Ok

Voila! Hopefully helpful to someone sometime (Y)

dinkymau, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Abbi W. Win User

Keyboard Volume Hotkey Functions

How to customize keyboard hotkeys?

Original Title: Keyboard Hotkeys/Shortcuts

I have an Asus K501UX with a standard keyboard, and I was wondering if there's a way to change keyboard hotkeys. For example, to change my brightness or volume, I have to press "fn + f__".

I would like to be able to just press the f5 or f6 buttons to change the brightness without having to hold down the fn button (for lazy Netflix streaming reasons), and same thing for adjusting the sound. I rarely use the standard f5 and f6 functions, and
    I would like to just switch the functions. (Like switch the standard f5 function with lowering the brightness and vice versa.)

Thanks!

Abbi W., Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard Volume Hotkey Functions

1. Keyboard Volume Hotkey Functions - Similar Threads - Keyboard Volume Hotkey

2. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  3. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  4. Touch keyboard hotkey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard hotkey: Hi! How can i open this touch keyboard by shortcut? not that osk keyboard.i know about win+ctrl+o but i need keyboard from 1st pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-hotkey/cb30e874-2bc8-418e-a471-727d8c7629ab
  5. Touch keyboard hotkey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard hotkey: Hi! How can i open this touch keyboard by shortcut? not that osk keyboard.i know about win+ctrl+o but i need keyboard from 1st pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-hotkey/cb30e874-2bc8-418e-a471-727d8c7629ab
  6. Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey: HI, I have a asus vivobook flip 14. I had keyboard hotkeysF1 TO F12 working. Due to a issue, i did a clean install of windows 10.After that i l cannot turn on keyboard backlight using the f7 key. I have my asus app and asus control interface v3. All other hotkeys are working....
  7. Keyboard is not functioning.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard is not functioning.: All my keys somehow got mapped to shortcuts? Like K opens connect, W opens whiteboard, d closes things. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/cailloubean [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljivxt/keyboard_is_not_functioning/
  8. Keyboard and functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard and functions: The keyboard does not write in Windows 10, Text Services Framework is not running, please give me all available methods, thank you very much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-functions/dbf385ca-801f-4c2a-8efa-7f8bc99b5df3
  9. volume key function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume key function: I have a new microsoft pro tablet. Its been working fine. Somehow in transport in my briefcase, the volume key on the edge of it has switched its functionality. It now gives me a menu of options such as sign out, switch user, lock, etc. instead of simply adjusting the...
  10. Volume hotkeys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume hotkeys: So I wanted to activate my debug screen in java edition mc, but when I press F3 it increases the volume. Can I change the volume hotkey in win. 10 to something else? (pause, end, etc.)...