Windows 10: keyboard volume keys stopped working

Discus and support keyboard volume keys stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After latest update computer was not running correctly and had to reset it back to before the update, anyway, somewhere in the mix, my F9 & F10 (volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TawnyaDay, Sep 21, 2019.

1. TawnyaDay Win User

keyboard volume keys stopped working

After latest update computer was not running correctly and had to reset it back to before the update, anyway, somewhere in the mix, my F9 & F10 (volume down and volume up) keys quit working. I push and nothing. I have to go click on the volume icon in the icon tray to change volume now.

Thanks in advance,

Tawnya

:)

TawnyaDay, Sep 21, 2019

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Sep 21, 2019
  3. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume controls, mail button, home, customizable buttons, etc.). When I plug the mouse in, it appears under Other Devices in the Device Manager, listed twice as a USB Input Device. When I try to update the driver automatically, it says Windows was unable to. The mouse doesn't work in safe mode. I tried a wireless mouse as well and it doesn't work either. My external keyboard shows up under keyboards as an HID Keyboard Device and Windows says the best drivers for my device are already installed. I've tried all three USB ports and the mouse works on another computer. The built-in keyboard and touch pad on my laptop still work fine. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

purplewalrus, Sep 21, 2019
  4. keyboard volume keys stopped working

Keyboard Media/Volume keys not working, only on this computer, and only this keyboard

The media keys, volume knob, sleep button and mute button on my "Das Keyboard 4 Professional" keyboard stopped working a few weeks ago after a reboot that I think was caused by a Windows Update.

I've tried the following steps to try and solve the issue:

• Try a different keyboard - The media keys on a logitech wireless usb keyboard work fine, even in the same USB port.
    • Try keyboard with another PC - When plugged in to my laptop the Das Keyboard media/volume keys work fine.
    • Try another USB port - No difference
    • Tried completely wiping any trace of the keyboard from the registry/device manager, then plugging it in again - No difference.
    • Created a new user on the PC - No difference.
    • Ensured the HID Human Interface Service is running.
    • Disable touch keyboard and related services.

What could be causing this?

Simon Moles, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

keyboard volume keys stopped working

1. keyboard volume keys stopped working - Similar Threads - keyboard volume keys

2. volume keys on new keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume keys on new keyboard not working: volume keys on new keyboard not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-keys-on-new-keyboard-not-working/f0dca3da-b2a1-4d26-8ff5-3f23481205b5
  3. volume keys on new keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume keys on new keyboard not working: volume keys on new keyboard not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-keys-on-new-keyboard-not-working/f0dca3da-b2a1-4d26-8ff5-3f23481205b5
  4. volume keys on new keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard volume keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard volume keys not working: The usb keyboard volume controls mute, volume controls, skip, etc for my windows 11 desktop have not been working since I got it. I did a bit of research and tried moving the port, updating the drivers, and turning HIDS to automatic. None of those worked and I'm out of ideas....
  6. Keyboard volume keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard volume keys not working: The usb keyboard volume controls mute, volume controls, skip, etc for my windows 11 desktop have not been working since I got it. I did a bit of research and tried moving the port, updating the drivers, and turning HIDS to automatic. None of those worked and I'm out of ideas....
  7. Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working

Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working: The volume and mute keys on my keyboard are not working. However, I know it's not the keys themselves that are broken, because the F1-F3 functions work perfectly fine. The interesting thing is that they work when I have the command prompt running as an administrator and I'm...
  8. Keyboard stopped working help!!! the FN keys work, same with volumes and the armoury crate...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard stopped working help!!! the FN keys work, same with volumes and the armoury crate...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PenguinIsAMegan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fztmo3/keyboard_stopped_working_help_the_fn_keys_work/
  9. CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working.: My on keyboard volume keys are F1-F3. Generally to activate F1-F3 I need to press Fn, and otherwise, it works as volume. How did these get switched and how do I fix and prevent this in the future. Another thing is, the CTRL button isn't working. I can use it to copy and...
  10. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working: I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume...