Windows 10: Keyboard was spamming before tried someones solution works but Windows, Ctrl, and Alt keys...

Discus and support Keyboard was spamming before tried someones solution works but Windows, Ctrl, and Alt keys... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a keyboard that was spamming keys and nothing I tried could fix it but I tried the following solution below and it seems to have worked so far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HamzahAhmed2, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Keyboard was spamming before tried someones solution works but Windows, Ctrl, and Alt keys...

I had a keyboard that was spamming keys and nothing I tried could fix it but I tried the following solution below and it seems to have worked so far but now my Ctrl, Windows, and Alt keys don't work. These are the only keys I have noticed that don't work.Method 21. Press the Windows + Q keys and type CMD;2. Right-click on Run as Administrator;3. Paste the commands below:REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode map" /FREG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoWinKeys" /FNow do the keys work correctly? If not, do th

:)

HamzahAhmed2, Sep 20, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 20, 2021
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key hotkey not working

Hi,

Keyboard features in Windows can make navigation, tasks, and functions quicker and easier. To provide you the appropriate resolution on how to make keyboard shortcuts working on your HP Pavilion, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Which version and OS build of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press
      Windows key, type winver then, press Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When you press "Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key", what is your desired result?

Looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Julie Ram, Sep 20, 2021
  4. thadamm Win User

Keyboard was spamming before tried someones solution works but Windows, Ctrl, and Alt keys...

Keyboard - ctrl keys stop working (until reset via key combinations)

Greetings,

I have been experiencing issues with my laptop keyboard's keys - both the left and the right "ctrl" keys. They are not responsive, and needlessly to say it is making the work on the laptop without an external keyboard quite difficult.

The ctrl keys on an external keyboard (as well as the on-screen one) work just fine.

The only solutions I have found that yield some success is to either:

1. Pressing both ctrl keys simultaneously for 10 seconds

2. Pressing Alt + Fn + Ctrl

but those solutions work for a very short time, and then the ctrl keys are dead again.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

thadamm, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard was spamming before tried someones solution works but Windows, Ctrl, and Alt keys...

1. Keyboard was spamming before tried someones solution works but Windows, Ctrl, and Alt keys... - Similar Threads - Keyboard was spamming

2. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working: My ctrl, alt and fn keys suddenly stop working. I installed all windows updates, i factory reset the pc, i reinstalled the keyboard driver, i ran this commands in command prompt as administrator;REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode...
  3. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working: My ctrl, alt and fn keys suddenly stop working. I installed all windows updates, i factory reset the pc, i reinstalled the keyboard driver, i ran this commands in command prompt as administrator;REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode...
  4. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ctrl, windows, alt key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl, windows, alt key not working: Hello, my keys on keyboard seem to be not working, more specifically the strg, windows key, alt key and alt gr key. space seems to be working fine though. First I thought my keyboard was the problem, so I borrowed one from my friend but it was still not working. Then after...
  6. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  7. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  8. Windows 10 Ctrl Key Spam Even With No Keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Ctrl Key Spam Even With No Keyboard: I've been having an issue that I can't seem to fix. My computer randomly spams the ctrl key and, from what I gather, most likely the + and - keys as well . It is strangely more active when waking the computer up in the morning. It will...
  9. specific keys on keyboard not working CTRL, ALT, WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    specific keys on keyboard not working CTRL, ALT, WINDOWS: my pc is updated to the version 21H1 and I've been facing issues with my keyboard since a few days now. everything works fine except for CTRL WINDOWS and ALT key. but all 3 of those keys work fine on the OKS on screen keyboard. keyboard drivers are updated i tried...
  10. Windows Process for Custom CTRL+ALT keyboard shortcut keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Process for Custom CTRL+ALT keyboard shortcut keys: What windows process executes the custom keyboard shortcuts that a user can define to open files or programs? For example I may have a file on my desktop where I defined CTRL+ALT+E to open a favorite excel file. So whenever I hit this key combo, the excel file opens. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc randomly spams ctrl and -