Windows 10: Keyboard wavy light effect

Discus and support Keyboard wavy light effect in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some idiot at the factory who replaced my motherboard set waving Christmas lights on my keyboard. HOW DO I TURN THEM OFF??????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TracyWolff1, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Keyboard wavy light effect

Some idiot at the factory who replaced my motherboard set waving Christmas lights on my keyboard. HOW DO I TURN THEM OFF??????

:)

TracyWolff1, Oct 5, 2018
  2. remolanot Win User

Keyboard lights

1. Did you mean the keyboard backlight or indicator lights (i.e. Num Lock)?
    2. If your problem is about indicator lights, are you using a external keyboard?

--KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT--

Consult your laptop's manual downloaded from the internet. You might want to install some drivers in order to use the backlight.

--INDICATOR LIGHT--

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD
      • If indicator light, try pressing the Caps Lock key and see if the caps lock light turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num lock.
      • Some laptops may show the "Caps Lock ON" in your laptop screen.
    2. EXTERNAL KEYBOARD (EITHER USB OR BLUETOOTH)
      • When you use the external keyboard, locate the "Caps Lock" key indicator light. Try pressing the "Caps Lock" and make sure if it is turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num Lock.

If these are not working, try installing or updating the drivers. You'll need to restart after installing.

remolanot, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Red Wavy Lines appear in edge

Hi,

I would request you to reset the edge settings and then check if it helps.

Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Please revert if the red wavy lines appear while using edge.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Keyboard wavy light effect

KEYBOARD ON NEW LAP TOP DOESNT LIGHT UP.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix to enhance the performance of the system.
    I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooter and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check for the errors displayed , close the troubleshooter window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, update the device driver from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Window logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager
      from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboard option to update keyboard drivers and
      Mice and other pointing devices
      for mouse drivers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update this software option from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, check if the changes are effective.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you better.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard wavy light effect

1. Keyboard wavy light effect - Similar Threads - Keyboard wavy light

2. dynamic lighting - keyboard not displaying effects despite being supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dynamic lighting - keyboard not displaying effects despite being supported: Hello,I just updated to the newest version of Windows 11 and saw my keyboard Razer Blackwidow v3 supported dynamic lighting. However, no matter what I do moving USB ports, restarting Windows, turning dynamic lighting off and on again, I can't get the dynamic lighting working....
  3. dynamic lighting - keyboard not displaying effects despite being supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dynamic lighting - keyboard not displaying effects despite being supported: Hello,I just updated to the newest version of Windows 11 and saw my keyboard Razer Blackwidow v3 supported dynamic lighting. However, no matter what I do moving USB ports, restarting Windows, turning dynamic lighting off and on again, I can't get the dynamic lighting working....
  4. keyboard light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard light: i cant activate my keyboard light on asus laptop..i try every clue from google or youtube..still not working..any hint?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-light/6c967b47-6e54-4adf-bcb5-3310069dffc4
  5. keyboard light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard light: I cannot see the keyboard letters when the keyboard lights up. Is there a way to dim the light or turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-light/650ff33a-70cd-45b5-a620-6f1c12d9426d
  6. Light and Cloud Effect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Light and Cloud Effect: Airbus A320 Neo Top red Beacon Light - Does not blink on the winglet Nav Lights - these are visible during operations. From what I see there seems to be none Landing lights - are visible on the engines and are bright good but not bright during takeoffs and landings....
  7. lighted keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    lighted keyboard: can I keep my keyboard lighted longer? Windows 10 HP La[top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lighted-keyboard/5eaae262-dbea-427b-850b-8070784e8569
  8. Keyboard wavy light effect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard wavy light effect: Some idiot at the factory who replaced my motherboard set waving Christmas lights on my keyboard. HOW DO I TURN THEM OFF?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_touchkey/keyboard-wavy-light-effect/61db81bc-3e5d-4d5a-b317-8d0d8259feba
  9. Keyboard lights

Keyboard lights: How can I activate the keyboard lights? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-lights/e4df4df1-046b-4c6d-a053-7ab0a88083eb
  10. keyboard lights

keyboard lights: I nearly complained to the ebay seller who sold me my illuminated keyboard as the three leds for caps /num lock etc did not work. Then I noticed a brief mention somewhere on this forum about kb lights not working. I switched to W7 and the kb lights are ok (the backlighting...