Windows 10: Keyboard weird.

Discus and support Keyboard weird. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a problem where apostrophes would transpose and question marks would have a plus sign in front of them. It was absolutely doing my head in. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brad 63, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Brad 63 Win User

Keyboard weird.

I had a problem where apostrophes would transpose and question marks would have a plus sign in front of them.

It was absolutely doing my head in.

I glanced at something that suggested WINDOWS KEY plus SPACE BAR.

I tried it and that half solved the problem. Then I did SHIFT plus CONTROL and that cured the problem completely.

If anyone else has a keyboard acting weirdly all of a sudden where.............

I've becomes 'veI.
    Don't becomes do'tn.
    You're becomes yo'reu.

and other weird shit happens...............MICROSOFT BUTTON plus SPACE BAR might just be the solution along with CTRL plus SHIFT.

:)

Brad 63, Feb 19, 2020

2. keyboard weird shortcuts

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to update the latest keyboard drivers for Windows 10 from the manufactures website if not available then install the driver in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Keyboard weird.

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard weird.

1. Keyboard weird. - Similar Threads - Keyboard weird

2. my keyboard is acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my keyboard is acting weird: hello I need help. rn my keyboard do something weird like when i press W show me a tiny taskbar divided into two parts written on it "whiteboard"and"fullscreen snipe" also three points, when i click them they show me:"learn more about pen"and under it"pen settings" I don't...
  3. my keyboard is acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is acting weird: hello I need help. rn my keyboard do something weird like when i press W show me a tiny taskbar divided into two parts written on it "whiteboard"and"fullscreen snipe" also three points, when i click them they show me:"learn more about pen"and under it"pen settings" I don't...
  4. my keyboard is acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard started acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard started acting weird: I have an Asus E410 laptop. It was perfectly normal when suddenly, a few minutes ago, the keyboard started glitching. Some keys appear to be mapped to other keys functionally, my web pages will randomly start scrolling, and links will randomly click. Keep in mind that I am...
  6. Keyboard started acting weird

Keyboard started acting weird: I have an Asus E410 laptop. It was perfectly normal when suddenly, a few minutes ago, the keyboard started glitching. Some keys appear to be mapped to other keys functionally, my web pages will randomly start scrolling, and links will randomly click. Keep in mind that I am...
  7. Weird app similar to cmd popped up and keyboard and mouse lights kept flickering and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird app similar to cmd popped up and keyboard and mouse lights kept flickering and...: I installed parsec and when i opened it that window similar to cmd i dont know if it was actually cmd bc i didnt really look at it much appeared and my mouse and keyboard kept turning on and off for a couple of seconds....
  8. Weird app similar to cmd popped up and keyboard and mouse lights kept flickering and...

Weird app similar to cmd popped up and keyboard and mouse lights kept flickering and...: I installed parsec and when i opened it that window similar to cmd i dont know if it was actually cmd bc i didnt really look at it much appeared and my mouse and keyboard kept turning on and off for a couple of seconds....
  9. Weird app similar to cmd popped up and keyboard and mouse lights kept flickering and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. My keyboard is acting really weird.

My keyboard is acting really weird.: The keys in it are just messed up. Here are my two problems:-1. Caps lock light is not showing2. MAJOR PROBLEM upon typing keys give wrong input such as -->* p to 9p*5 to r*6 to u and in the number pad 6 to 9*/ to m/*0 to j0 Note: Unless specified, numbers are not from the...