Windows 10: Keyboard Weirdness

Discus and support Keyboard Weirdness in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm having an issue with keyboards. They will randomly stop working. At first I had a wired keyboard and had to physically remove it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brettanw, Feb 20, 2017.

1. brettanw Win User

Keyboard Weirdness

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with keyboards. They will randomly stop working.

At first I had a wired keyboard and had to physically remove it from the USB slot (then plug it back in).

Now I have a wireless keyboard, and I can fix the issue by opening the battery compartment, take out the battery for a second then put the battery back in. Then it works.

Anyone else had this issue?

:)

brettanw, Feb 20, 2017

2. Weird Keyboard Problem

Hey, everyone!

I'm using an Aspire E 14, and I noticed that my left shift key has stopped working with the I J K and
    , keys (they work with the right shift key), the M key doesn't work with
    both shift keys, and my left ctrl key doesn't work with the
    I key.

I've already done virus scans (negative), checked the sticky keys settings (not turned on), and reinstalled the keyboard driver.

Would you guys happen to know what else I could do to get this to work? Thanks in advance!

[And I don't know if this is relevant, but I recently tried playing a game and I
    could use X key together with Z + the right arrow key, but it wouldn't work with Z + the left arrow key.]

NocturnalSylph, Feb 20, 2017
  3. Orabi_ Win User
    keyboard weird shortcuts

I recently upgraded to windows 10.

While playing a game(GTA V) whenever I press ( W) + 5 Numpad + 6 Numpad it pause the game . So to make sure that the problem is not from the game i went to youtube played a video on fullscreen and tried the same combination it exit full screen which means
    the combination is for esc . I tried several things like changing keyboard settings , language settings and trying usb keyboard still same problem .

My laptop is asus rog g75vw upgraded from win7 to 10 .

Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance

Orabi_, Feb 20, 2017
  4. Keyboard Weirdness

Possible paths:
    1. try disabling USB selective

Keyboard Weirdness [​IMG]

2. use usb 2.0
    3. use an Y-usb cable for more current.

amimandami, Feb 20, 2017
  5. brettanw Win User
    Thanks, but that didn't work. Changed my USB settings and had another recurrence with the keyboard.

brettanw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard Weirdness

1. Keyboard Weirdness - Similar Threads - Keyboard Weirdness

2. Weirdly keyboard isnt fully working for microsoft services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weirdly keyboard isnt fully working for microsoft services: I have an asus G17 2023I downloaded Asus's keyboard update and this issue started like 1-2weeks after that so i dont think that caused the issue.I setup a pin for my laptop and when i open my laptopnormal opening, i did not opened the setting that makes computer fully closes...
  3. Weirdly keyboard isnt fully working for microsoft services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weirdly keyboard isnt fully working for microsoft services: I have an asus G17 2023I downloaded Asus's keyboard update and this issue started like 1-2weeks after that so i dont think that caused the issue.I setup a pin for my laptop and when i open my laptopnormal opening, i did not opened the setting that makes computer fully closes...
  4. my keyboard is acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my keyboard is acting weird: hello I need help. rn my keyboard do something weird like when i press W show me a tiny taskbar divided into two parts written on it "whiteboard"and"fullscreen snipe" also three points, when i click them they show me:"learn more about pen"and under it"pen settings" I don't...
  5. my keyboard is acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is acting weird: hello I need help. rn my keyboard do something weird like when i press W show me a tiny taskbar divided into two parts written on it "whiteboard"and"fullscreen snipe" also three points, when i click them they show me:"learn more about pen"and under it"pen settings" I don't...
  6. my keyboard is acting weird

7. Keyboard started acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard started acting weird: I have an Asus E410 laptop. It was perfectly normal when suddenly, a few minutes ago, the keyboard started glitching. Some keys appear to be mapped to other keys functionally, my web pages will randomly start scrolling, and links will randomly click. Keep in mind that I am...
  8. Keyboard started acting weird

Keyboard started acting weird: I have an Asus E410 laptop. It was perfectly normal when suddenly, a few minutes ago, the keyboard started glitching. Some keys appear to be mapped to other keys functionally, my web pages will randomly start scrolling, and links will randomly click. Keep in mind that I am...
  9. Weird app similar to cmd popped up and keyboard and mouse lights kept flickering and...

Weird app similar to cmd popped up and keyboard and mouse lights kept flickering and...: I installed parsec and when i opened it that window similar to cmd i dont know if it was actually cmd bc i didnt really look at it much appeared and my mouse and keyboard kept turning on and off for a couple of seconds....
  10. Weird app similar to cmd popped up and keyboard and mouse lights kept flickering and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird app similar to cmd popped up and keyboard and mouse lights kept flickering and...: I installed parsec and when i opened it that window similar to cmd i dont know if it was actually cmd bc i didnt really look at it much appeared and my mouse and keyboard kept turning on and off for a couple of seconds....