Windows 10: keyboard window resize snap?

Discus and support keyboard window resize snap? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Do not have Win10, but am wondering something. In Eightforums.com I posted a thread with the title: keyboard window resize snap . It's that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dperecky, Jun 19, 2015.

1. dperecky Win User

keyboard window resize snap?

Do not have Win10, but am wondering something.

In Eightforums.com I posted a thread with the title: keyboard window resize snap .

It's that annoying 'feature' that occurs when the on-screen keyboard button next to the 'X' button is pressed: which resizes ALL the windows on the desktop, not just the one that you are currently typing into. And this annoying behavior continues for a bit even after that button is reset.

Please tell me that this is fixed in Win10???!?

:)

dperecky, Jun 19, 2015

2. Lenovo Yogabook On screen keyboard problem

My Lenovo yogabook was just updated and the onscreen keyboard looks different and is not attached to the taskbar like it used to be. Is it possible to change it back? The keyboard that is currently on my screen is a floating window that can be resized,
    but it is not like the one I'm used to, and the screen behind the window doesn't resize or adjust in anyway.

AnthonyDi Mauro1, Jun 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Tablet keyboard (virtual keyboard) issues

take the tablet out of tablet mode. from the desktop view resized the window to as close to the full screen as possible before it auto maximised. Now open the on-screen keyboard the program window resizes.

wilsonpoveda, Jun 19, 2015
  4. dperecky Win User

_
    One way around this problem is maybe if MS provided an app in Win10 that allowed a keyboard key remap for the on-screen keyboard. Does anyone know if this is in the works?
    _

dperecky, Jun 19, 2015
  5. ksdixon Win User
    A keyboard key remap for the onscreen keyboard? You've lost me a bit, but SharpKeys will let you remap keys.

ksdixon, Jun 19, 2015
  6. dperecky Win User
    Sure. Because the on-screen keyboard is totally software, that theoretically makes it totally customizable. If enough people don't like the compulsory functionality of that button (don't know the name of it), then possibly MS would provide a way to delete or disable it via some provided option.

Now that I'm going there, the 'X' at the top-right as well. At least temporarily. Because when I'm typing, I accidentally hit both of those buttons A Lot when I'm going for the backspace key.

dperecky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. keyboard window resize snap? - Similar Threads - keyboard window resize

2. Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows": I have recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. On Windows 10, I had to manually select to disable the feature that would resize two windows when I wished to only resize one I do prefer an active window to overlap an inactive one, most of the time. On Windows 10, the option to...
  3. Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows": I have recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. On Windows 10, I had to manually select to disable the feature that would resize two windows when I wished to only resize one I do prefer an active window to overlap an inactive one, most of the time. On Windows 10, the option to...
  4. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window: Hello,I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".I want to disable this option in Windows 11. I want to be able to resize windows without the adjacent window...
  5. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window: Hello,I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".I want to disable this option in Windows 11. I want to be able to resize windows without the adjacent window...
  6. Windows 10 Snap Assist improperly resizing windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Snap Assist improperly resizing windows: I've been having a problem for about a year now with Windows Snap Assist. Whenever I snap a window to the side then let Snap Assist move a 2nd maximized window to the other side automatically, Windows will make the 2nd window ever slightly too tall. Although this isn't a...
  7. Window snapping without resizing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window snapping without resizing?: In Linux Mint, if you drag something to the side of the screen it will "lock" to it, without resizing the window. Is there any way to get the same functionality in Windows 10 at all? I have three screens and my left screen I want to have my foobar2000 docked to the right...
  8. Snapping Windows On Mac Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snapping Windows On Mac Keyboard: Hello, I am working in Windows 10 remotely from home through a program called Centrify, with my macbook pro. I am able to snap windows by dragging them to one side of the screen, however it would be very helpful for me if I could do this using my keyboard. I know that with a...
  9. Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen.: Hi, this is a problem that I have been having for months now, and I have tried various different fixes and nothing has helped. I am using Windows 10 on a single display (laptop). When I use the snap feature to have multiple windows split on screen, they do not fully resize...
  10. cannot resize my windows; snap wont allow corner snap

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot resize my windows; snap wont allow corner snap: i think therea a problem with my windows drivers. brand new hp spectre laptop- trying to put 3 windows on the screen at the same time- Snap oonly allows me to do 2. and i also notice that the windows resize button does nothing. I am at a loss where to start brent...