Windows 10: Keyboard won't activate after sleep mode/startup

Discus and support Keyboard won't activate after sleep mode/startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After sleeping my laptop overnight, I opened the lid to wake it up. The screen turned on but the keyboard backlight did not. The keyboard did not work:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by T_Renee, Sep 26, 2020.

1. T_Renee Win User

Keyboard won't activate after sleep mode/startup

After sleeping my laptop overnight, I opened the lid to wake it up. The screen turned on but the keyboard backlight did not. The keyboard did not work: I couldn't type or use any keys including the function keys. The mouse did not work: the cursor did not move on the screen when I moved it nor did it click. I unplugged the mouse and plugged it in again, which did nothing. I have a Huion tablet that I leave plugged in to my computer; I couldn't do anything with it either. The only thing that worked was the touchpad.

I was able to use the onscreen keyboard to log in but the keyboard/mouse/etc continued not to work. I restarted the computer and got a blue screen error: Driver Power State Failure. The thing continued restarting or re-restarted? and when it turned on again everything was working. That night, I shut my computer down all the way in the hopes that it would fix it. It did not, and everything happened the same way I just described. And the next day, and the next day, and today is day four or five of this and I am tired of it.

This problem only appears when the computer is shut down completely or asleep overnight. When it sleeps for shorter periods of time during the day it will wake up with no problem. There was a windows update a day or two before this happened the first time. I also installed a VPN pulse secure on the same day. I can't do anything about the update, but I did disable the VPN in case that was what was causing it. It had no effect.

I'm running windows 10 on a ROG laptop, which is fairly new only a few months old. I found an old post from someone who seemed to have the same problem who fixed it by going into the BIOS; I attempted this but their BIOS screen looked different than mine did and I didn't want to risk screwing it up more. Any advice is deeply appreciated, otherwise I'll have to take it to a repair place and since I use this for school I don't want it out of access.

Thank you!

:)

T_Renee, Sep 26, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard won't activate after sleep mode/startup - Similar Threads - Keyboard won't activate

2. So my PC won't work after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    So my PC won't work after sleep mode: It all starts about a week back when I'm just going about my day and go to boot up my PC, which is usually kept in sleep mode when I'm not using it. Only problem is I get a "NO SIGNAL" on the monitor. I start with the obvious and unplug and plug in the HDMI connection,...
  3. So my PC won't work after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my PC won't work after sleep mode: It all starts about a week back when I'm just going about my day and go to boot up my PC, which is usually kept in sleep mode when I'm not using it. Only problem is I get a "NO SIGNAL" on the monitor. I start with the obvious and unplug and plug in the HDMI connection,...
  4. So my PC won't work after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after sleep mode: Yesterday I took some updates from Windowns Update. After downloading all, My screen went to the BIOS and it downloaded sth. After that, whenever I wake up my laptop from Sleep Mode, the keyboard always doesn't work. I have to restart the laptop so that it can become...
  6. Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after sleep mode: Yesterday I took some updates from Windowns Update. After downloading all, My screen went to the BIOS and it downloaded sth. After that, whenever I wake up my laptop from Sleep Mode, the keyboard always doesn't work. I have to restart the laptop so that it can become...
  7. Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Keyboard won't work after sleep

Keyboard won't work after sleep: I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 with Windows 10 Pro. I have ensured all software and drivers are up to date including the 1903 update, this problem started before the update. When my laptop wakes up from sleep mode the keyboard will not work at all. The touchpad and touchscreen...
  9. Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode

Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode: Hi, Could you please help me with my keyboard? After a while, it's Shift button (left) & 6,7,8,9 buttons when hit the laptop will be enter to Sleep Mode. I use Windows 10. Any suggestions for normalized these buttons? Thanks....
  10. No keyboard after sleep

No keyboard after sleep: I resurrected my old HP DV5-1044CA. I did a fresh Windows 10 install. Strangely when the laptop sleeps or if I put it to sleep with the power button or by closing the lid, I can wake it with the keyboard or power button and use the keyboard to enter my PIN but after that the...