Windows 10: Keyboard won't enter a single key, but when pressing multiple keys together, it types...

Discus and support Keyboard won't enter a single key, but when pressing multiple keys together, it types... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently encountered a problem with my keyboard. When first booting up, the laptop would have a 3 out of 5 chance of booting into recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kenneth De Luna, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Keyboard won't enter a single key, but when pressing multiple keys together, it types...

Hello, I recently encountered a problem with my keyboard. When first booting up, the laptop would have a 3 out of 5 chance of booting into recovery mode and it maybe because of a stuck key. If it has booted to the lock screen, the keyboard becomes unresponsive so I had to use the on-screen keyboard. After loading the home screen, the f9 keys gets stuck for no reason. At this time, the keyboard is still unresponsive until I press multiple random keys a once. After pressing the keys and putting my hands off the keyboard, it seems to enter the f keys for just a

:)

Kenneth De Luna, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Keyboard is typing multiple things when a key is pressed

Hi,

To better understand your concern about your device's keyboard, we'd like to know the following:

• The last activities performed on your device prior to the issue.
    • If you were cleaning your keyboard prior to the issue.
    • If your device has been exposed to any type of liquid.
    • Make and model of your device.
    In the meantime, you can perform the following to isolate the unintentional use of the
    Fn key on your keyboard:

• If your laptop has a numeric keypad, press and hold Fn and NumLock
      keys on your keyboard.
    • If numeric pad is not available, press and hold Fn and CapsLock keys on your keyboard.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jun 22, 2021
  3. LGM
    LGM Win User
    Stubborn keyboard keys

The on screen keyboard worked flawlessly. Thanks for the suggestion. Now I know for sure it is a mechanical issue with the keyboard. Anyone know if replacing a keyboard on an Asus laptop is even feasible? Or will it be too costly?

4. Keyboard won't enter a single key, but when pressing multiple keys together, it types...

Keyboard is typing multiple things when a key is pressed

My laptop started typing different character combos when i press a key. "O" produces a "P and enter command" the "," produces ">?" And so.

i changed the languages and keyboards, cleared the ease of access filters, reset the computer and restarted in safe mode with no luck.

Markman700, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard won't enter a single key, but when pressing multiple keys together, it types...

1. Keyboard won't enter a single key, but when pressing multiple keys together, it types... - Similar Threads - Keyboard won't enter

2. keys only work when pressed together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys only work when pressed together: my rog claymore 2 keyboard has 2 lines of keys that don't work. All the way from A-L and Q-P. The keys only work if I press them together, for example, qa, ws, ed, and so on. They only work if I press the key under them, and they both get typed. This wasn't an issue until I...
  3. keys only work when pressed together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys only work when pressed together: my rog claymore 2 keyboard has 2 lines of keys that don't work. All the way from A-L and Q-P. The keys only work if I press them together, for example, qa, ws, ed, and so on. They only work if I press the key under them, and they both get typed. This wasn't an issue until I...
  4. Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.: Example: I press my windows key and my computer thinks I'm pressing Esc. and F7 specifically. Pressing the FN key also activate the ~ and F5. My capslock key presses F8. All of they keys for q, w, a, s, z, x, 1, and 2 all type their respective alternate on the keyboard as...
  5. Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.

Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.: Example: I press my windows key and my computer thinks I'm pressing Esc. and F7 specifically. Pressing the FN key also activate the ~ and F5. My capslock key presses F8. All of they keys for q, w, a, s, z, x, 1, and 2 all type their respective alternate on the keyboard as...
  6. Some Keyboard keys are typing 3 keys together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Keyboard keys are typing 3 keys together: When I type a letter like fit shows that fjland also when I type tit shows iptthere is also another key that occurred the same result.Many will say, uninstall the driver.But I also did that even on all videos on youtube.So please give me a solution.............
  7. Some Keyboard keys are typing 3 keys together

Some Keyboard keys are typing 3 keys together: When I type a letter like fit shows that fjland also when I type tit shows iptthere is also another key that occurred the same result.Many will say, uninstall the driver.But I also did that even on all videos on youtube.So please give me a solution.............
  8. External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed: My keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed, tried unplug and plug the usb, tried it on another device and works properly. im on a laptop and the laptop keyboard is working....
  9. Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key: I have searched everywhere on the internet for fixes like changing the language settings keyboard settings, driver updates and resets and Im still stuck without a button for these characters. Even stranger is that if I convert to US qwerty, my keyboard will use SHIFT+2 as...
  10. Keyboard key not working unless pressed together with another key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard key not working unless pressed together with another key.: Hello, The '2' key on my laptop stopped working properly a few days ago. Up till now, it would start working again when it's pressed very hard, and then it would work properly. But now, it has stopped working even when I press hard. I found out that if I press the 'W' key...