Windows 10: Keyboard won't type but turns on

Discus and support Keyboard won't type but turns on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My keyboard suddenly stopped working. I have tried to fix it myself numerous times and nothing has fixed it. Something I noticed is that the "kbdhid"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blitex, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Blitex Win User

Keyboard won't type but turns on

My keyboard suddenly stopped working. I have tried to fix it myself numerous times and nothing has fixed it. Something I noticed is that the "kbdhid" service won't start, and it gives out this error:

Device HID\VID_046D&PID_C332&MI_01&Col01\7&28c6210e&0&0000 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: keyboard.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: kbdhid

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0x13

Problem Status: 0xC0000034

Things I have tried:

Rebooting computer

Uninstalling keyboard drivers on Device Manager

Using different USB ports

Installing latest firmware update on iCUE

Making sure Sticky Keys, Toggle Keys, and Filter Keys are turned off

I know the keyboard works because my media keys and backlight still work.

:)

Blitex, Jan 22, 2021

2. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Keyboard won't type but turns on

How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard won't type but turns on

1. Keyboard won't type but turns on - Similar Threads - Keyboard won't type

2. Laptop Keyboard Won't Type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Won't Type: Hello! I use a Dell Inspiron 13, which I got a little over a year ago. I was using it today to type up an email, and had to move, so I simply closed my laptop and headed out. When I opened it again and tried to use the keyboard on the laptop, it did not type anything. I went...
  3. Laptop Keyboard Won't Type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Won't Type: Hello! I use a Dell Inspiron 13, which I got a little over a year ago. I was using it today to type up an email, and had to move, so I simply closed my laptop and headed out. When I opened it again and tried to use the keyboard on the laptop, it did not type anything. I went...
  4. Keyboard won't stop typing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't stop typing.: I've deleted drivers, once done hard and soft resets. 3 trouble shooters, two support chats, 2 hours of research. I can not get my laptop to stop typing without input! If I touch e u or r all the come up, if I touch n,nb comes up, if I do nothing, it'll spam n for minutes on...
  5. Keyboard won't stop typing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard won't stop typing.: I've deleted drivers, once done hard and soft resets. 3 trouble shooters, two support chats, 2 hours of research. I can not get my laptop to stop typing without input! If I touch e u or r all the come up, if I touch n,nb comes up, if I do nothing, it'll spam n for minutes on...
  6. Keyboard won't stop typing.

7. Keyboard works but won't type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard works but won't type: Hey! So my laptop keyboard stopped working so I rebooted and now I'm locked out lol. I already have an extra keyboard plugged in via bluetooth. The thing is, the ctrl+alt keys work on both the laptop and the extra keyboard, but I can't actually type! Probably activated some...
  8. Keyboard works but won't type

Keyboard works but won't type: Hey! So my laptop keyboard stopped working so I rebooted and now I'm locked out lol. I already have an extra keyboard plugged in via bluetooth. The thing is, the ctrl+alt keys work on both the laptop and the extra keyboard, but I can't actually type! Probably activated some...
  9. Keyboard works but won't type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Windows 10 hardware keyboard Typing suggestions won't turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 hardware keyboard Typing suggestions won't turn off: Hi there, i've basically got this issue.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-turn-off-word-suggestion-when-typing-i/c030374e-72f7-40c0-b4f7-545e9e1b4109 so i tried out the typing suggestions feature in windows 10,...