Windows 10: keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar

Discus and support keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my keyboard works perfectly in everything that isnt windows related the drivers are up to date too please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KalobHiggs, Jan 23, 2021.

1. keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar

my keyboard works perfectly in everything that isnt windows related the drivers are up to date too please help me

:)

KalobHiggs, Jan 23, 2021
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Geosammy Win User
    Can't Type In Search Bar and Windows 10 Built-in Apps.

Hello,
    I've been having this issue for quite a while, even before the last major update.
    Seems like I can't find a way to correct it.
    If I bring up the search bar, by right-clicking on the Windows Logo Icon within the taskbar.
    Then select search.
    I'm unable to type anything into the search box.

keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar [​IMG]

However, I can type into notepad, copy that text and past it into the search bar.
    This also works for other Windows 10 built-in apps, for which typing text is required.
    The keyboard I'm using is the Logitech G413, which is only a few months old.
    I've also moved the USB cables to a different port, without any effect.
    I've also tried a secondary keyboard, the Cooler Master NovaTouch TKL and this keyboard also shows the same behavior. No matter which USB port it's connected to.
    I've also tried using the on-screen keyboard, and this also will not type into the search bar, or Windows 10 built-in apps.Any suggestions?

Geosammy, Jan 23, 2021
  4. keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar

How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

Change your keyboard layout

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar

1. keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar - Similar Threads - keyboard wont type

2. Unable to type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in windows search bar: Hi all, Recently, I realised I am unable to type in windows search bar and other applications sticky notes, outlook app sign in, windows store search bar after installing the latest windows update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019157.I have...
  3. Can't type in Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in Windows Search Bar: I just loaded a new Windows 10 update and now I can't type in the Windows Search Bar or Start button. What do I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-search-bar/d2047aaa-0e2d-4a88-b446-29c55fdb7de1
  4. Keyboard types in Chinese in browser search bars

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard types in Chinese in browser search bars: Hello,I bought a Windows 10 Laptop in China, and installed English Language Windows on it. I have set up the Keyboard to use English UK, and removed the Chinese language keyboard in settings. The keyboard types in English in everything except the search bars in the wndows...
  5. Can't Type on Windows 10 search Bar

in Cortana
    Can't Type on Windows 10 search Bar: I try these video methods on youtube and none of these works when I restart my computer. Can you help me please? thank you this is youtube link description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFLuAnaNtI with more than 700,000 viewers...
  6. My search bar wont let my type at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My search bar wont let my type at all: My search bar once I click on it will close on its own without letting me type at all. I dont have any programs running in the background. I tried looking for solutions online but they arent effective. submitted by /u/tomtom1129 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Japanese Keyboard Wont Type.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Japanese Keyboard Wont Type.: I've added a Japanese keyboard to my Windows 10 Laptop OS is up to date. Ill activate it by pressing WIN+Spacebar, and it will switch. I'll go to type using it, but it inputs in English, underlined, then when I press Enter, it stays in the English format. Does anyone know...
  8. Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar"

in Cortana
    Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar": I had to reset Windows 10 then install all updates. Now I cannot type in the search bar. I have to select the Windows icon then type. I tried several fixes found here in the forum for same issue but nothing worked....
  9. Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10

in Cortana
    Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10: Recently after I updated Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. I can't type anything in this box. I tried all the tricks: -Rebuilding Index -Command prompt commands - Powershell Commands etc that I found. But I am unable to fix the issue. Please Help!...
  10. Can't type in Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in Windows 10 search bar: After I updated to Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. A few days later I discovered that I couldn't search anything from this box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-10-search-bar/04eb6c32-fadf-40ca-8e1a-3742010e70a3"