Windows 10: Keyboard won't work unless I press the "Ease of Access" icon on the startup screen

Discus and support Keyboard won't work unless I press the "Ease of Access" icon on the startup screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've been trying to find a solution for this problem for almost an hour now and it's annoying me. I own a Lenovo Legion Y7000 laptop with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/passingnights, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Keyboard won't work unless I press the "Ease of Access" icon on the startup screen

So I've been trying to find a solution for this problem for almost an hour now and it's annoying me. I own a Lenovo Legion Y7000 laptop with Windows 10 installed. Today, after I turned off my laptop, I noticed some sort of...bread crumb I think, on the keyboard, under one of the keys. I took the vacuum cleaner and vacuumed that area, and then I turned the laptop back on. When the Log In screen appeared I noticed that I wasn't able to enter my PIN in any way using my keyboard. Luckily I had a wireless keyboard around so I used it to enter the PIN and it worked. After that I noticed the fact that my laptop's keys were clearly working because I was able to press them and they were either making that Windows Notify System Generic sound, or they were doing random things like opening Google Chrome, opening documents etc.; but they were clearly functional. Also, my mouse was not working normally either because trying to double click on This PC shortcut for example would open PC Proprieties, double clicking on Google Chrome shortcut would open Proprieties again...after that the wireless keyboard stopped working too so I had to restart it. After a few tries, I noticed that clicking on the Ease of Access icon on the Log In screen and closing the window right away would make the keyboard work normally, allowing me to enter my PIN and use it normally after, but after that, if I shut down my laptop and turn it back on I have to do the same thing: click on the Ease of Access icon on the start up screen, close it, then enter the PIN normally. So I suppose this is not a hardware issue (I mentioned the bread crumb part at the beginning just in case), but I can't figure out where the problem is...I have tried everything I found online, scanned my system for threats, uninstalled the keyboard driver, made sure all Ease of Access settings were turned off...Does anyone have any idea what is the cause of this bug?

submitted by /u/passingnights
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/passingnights, Apr 11, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

At startup virtual keyboard appears

Hi Mark,

This simply means that the on-screen keyboard is enabled. To get rid of this, see the steps below on how to do so.

• Press Windows Key + X > Control Panel >
      Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center.
    • Under "Explore all settings", select the option “Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard”.
    • Uncheck the option “Use On-screen keyboard”.

This has to be the answer you're looking for.

Let us know if the steps did the trick.

John Sarc, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Keyboard not working on Login screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and login.

Please Find the screenshot of the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen:

Keyboard won't work unless I press the "Ease of Access" icon on the startup screen 9c227ccc-8ac4-490c-af6a-3cf42faccbec.png

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Keyboard won't work unless I press the "Ease of Access" icon on the startup screen

Wireless mouse and keyboard are not working on Windows 10.

Hi Yengema,

Please reply, are you facing issue only operating Keyboard?

If your mouse is in working condition, use On-screen keyboard and perform the steps suggested above and check if the issue is resolved.

To activate On-screen keyboard, follow the steps below:

• From the lock-screen click on Ease of access icon located at the bottom right corner next to power icon.

• Login into the user account by entering the password.

• Right click on the Windows logo located at the bottom left corner of the screen and select
      Control panel from the context menu.

• Click on Ease of Access and select
      Ease of Access Center from the right side panel of the window.

• Click on Start On-Screen keyboard and follow the steps replied on
      February 22, 2016.

• After performing the steps restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the above issue, elaborate the same is necessary for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard won't work unless I press the "Ease of Access" icon on the startup screen

1. Keyboard won't work unless I press the "Ease of Access" icon on the startup screen - Similar Threads - Keyboard won't unless

2. Ease of access narrator screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  3. Ease of access narrator screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  4. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while: On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked...
  5. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while: On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked...
  6. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. ease of access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ease of access: using key combinations like Ctrl + Alt and function keys with dictation in touchscreen keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/11c09847-01be-482e-a9d3-dbee8f8a3b6b
  8. ' and @ on a UK keyboard doesn't work unless I press it long

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ' and @ on a UK keyboard doesn't work unless I press it long: I'm on Windows 10 and got a UK keyboard and when I want to type ' or @ I need to press it for a good second for it to show up, but when it does show up it spams '''''''''''' or @@@@@@@ so I always have to backspace it every time which is annoying and also it takes too long...
  9. Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign: Hi! This is the second time this problem occurs, first time I was able to solve it myself but I can't remember how, this time though I really can't find any solution. I have a Lenovo Y7000 with Windows 10 Enterprise installed. When I turned my laptop on last night, I...
  10. Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign In screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keyboard doesnt work unless I press Ease of Access on the Sign In screen: Hi! This is the second time this problem occurs, first time I was able to solve it myself but I can't remember how, this time though I really can't find any solution. I have a Lenovo Y7000 with Windows 10 Enterprise installed. When I turned my laptop on last night, I...