Windows 10: keyboard working here and there

Discus and support keyboard working here and there in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so ive had issues with this keyboard since the day i bought it. a sidewinder x4. i put it up cause im a heavy gamer that relied on the numbers keys.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by konse93, Sep 22, 2020.

1. konse93 Win User

keyboard working here and there

so ive had issues with this keyboard since the day i bought it. a sidewinder x4. i put it up cause im a heavy gamer that relied on the numbers keys. but found out that this keyboards keys only work here and there. such as the windows key isnt working right now. maybe the down/right arrow might not be working like it was earlier but now it is. but the main issue is the number keys from 1 to 0 or - that just stop working

but i recently pulled it out cause my keyboard ive been using for years has started to flunk out. and still same issue. just keys not registering for multiple mins but then working again for half an hour or hour before not working again.

i downloaded the keyboards latest driver recently too but still doesnt work

i put it under windows category and device and drivers cause microsoft doesnt seem to have a microsoft products category beside surface? i guess?

:)

konse93, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Sep 22, 2020
  4. keyboard working here and there

Keyboard is not working after upgrade to Windows 10.

Hi Stephen,

Please reply to the following questions:

• Did you try the suggestions posted above?

• Are you facing keyboard issues even after trying the above suggestions?

If haven’t tried, I suggest you to please perform the steps suggested in the above posts and check if either helps in resolving the issue.

Write to us with the status of the keyboard issues faced on your PC for further assistance.
    Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

keyboard working here and there

1. keyboard working here and there - Similar Threads - keyboard working here

2. my "type here to search" is not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my "type here to search" is not working!: my "type here to search" is not working! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-type-here-to-search-is-not-working/9e5f36f7-247a-4f01-a490-065f869fecc9
  3. my "type here to search" is not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my "type here to search" is not working!: my "type here to search" is not working! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-type-here-to-search-is-not-working/9e5f36f7-247a-4f01-a490-065f869fecc9
  4. my "type here to search" is not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 keyboard not working but other keyboards work and non working keyboard works on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keyboard not working but other keyboards work and non working keyboard works on...: just like the title says, keyboard is not working. I can plug in my old keyboard and it works fine... But the new keyboard stopped working. The new keyboard that stopped working also works with other computers that are running windows. Ive tried all the stupid fixes with...
  6. Windows 10 keyboard not working but other keyboards work and non working keyboard works on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keyboard not working but other keyboards work and non working keyboard works on...: just like the title says, keyboard is not working. I can plug in my old keyboard and it works fine... But the new keyboard stopped working. The new keyboard that stopped working also works with other computers that are running windows. Ive tried all the stupid fixes with...
  7. Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here: Windows 10 Pro v1909 Today I got offered on Windows Update: Surface - Keyboard 1.0.104.0 Ready to download when I am not on a Metered Connection In Devices I have a "Digital Media Keyboard" , no Surface Keyboard listed. What do I do with this thing? 165335
  8. Type here to search doesn't work

Type here to search doesn't work: For the last 3 or 4 days, I have been unable to use the "Type here to search" facility on my HP computer. It comes back with "No results found for" whatever I was requesting. Now I can't get any information and I use this feature daily. Any answers on how to fix this. I...
  9. Why does INSERT not work here ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does INSERT not work here ????: When I try to insert some text copied from another place ... it won't insert here ! Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-insert-not-work-here/eca81313-9225-4298-bc56-679f3f5434ff
  10. notifications not working from here

notifications not working from here: [ATTACH] No email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/notifications-not-working-from-here/b230a8ef-d0bd-4e9d-a624-9f590f863845