Windows 10: Keyboard works but won't type

Discus and support Keyboard works but won't type in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey! So my laptop keyboard stopped working so I rebooted and now I'm locked out lol. I already have an extra keyboard plugged in via bluetooth. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elsie455, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Elsie455 Win User

Keyboard works but won't type

Hey! So my laptop keyboard stopped working so I rebooted and now I'm locked out lol. I already have an extra keyboard plugged in via bluetooth. The thing is, the ctrl+alt keys work on both the laptop and the extra keyboard, but I can't actually type! Probably activated some weird function by mistake, any idea what it is?I have an Asus UX305C with Windows 10. I was just working on a lab report with excel, word and aome PDFs. Haven't made any changes lately.

:)

Elsie455, Oct 23, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Dozer Win User
    Logitech wireless keyboard won't type anything

I fixed this issue by taking the following steps:

• I uninstalled the keyboard from the devices under Device Manager
    • I rebooted

and the keyboard was reinstalled with the same driver.

Now it is typing fine.

Dozer, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Keyboard works but won't type

google and you tube stiil won t work

google and you tube stiil won t work

radelovric, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard works but won't type

1. Keyboard works but won't type - Similar Threads - Keyboard works won't

2. Laptop Keyboard Won't Type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Won't Type: Hello! I use a Dell Inspiron 13, which I got a little over a year ago. I was using it today to type up an email, and had to move, so I simply closed my laptop and headed out. When I opened it again and tried to use the keyboard on the laptop, it did not type anything. I went...
  3. Laptop Keyboard Won't Type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Won't Type: Hello! I use a Dell Inspiron 13, which I got a little over a year ago. I was using it today to type up an email, and had to move, so I simply closed my laptop and headed out. When I opened it again and tried to use the keyboard on the laptop, it did not type anything. I went...
  4. Keyboard won't stop typing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't stop typing.: I've deleted drivers, once done hard and soft resets. 3 trouble shooters, two support chats, 2 hours of research. I can not get my laptop to stop typing without input! If I touch e u or r all the come up, if I touch n,nb comes up, if I do nothing, it'll spam n for minutes on...
  5. Keyboard won't stop typing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard won't stop typing.: I've deleted drivers, once done hard and soft resets. 3 trouble shooters, two support chats, 2 hours of research. I can not get my laptop to stop typing without input! If I touch e u or r all the come up, if I touch n,nb comes up, if I do nothing, it'll spam n for minutes on...
  6. Keyboard won't stop typing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Keyboard works but won't type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard works but won't type: Hey! So my laptop keyboard stopped working so I rebooted and now I'm locked out lol. I already have an extra keyboard plugged in via bluetooth. The thing is, the ctrl+alt keys work on both the laptop and the extra keyboard, but I can't actually type! Probably activated some...
  8. Keyboard works but won't type

Keyboard works but won't type: Hey! So my laptop keyboard stopped working so I rebooted and now I'm locked out lol. I already have an extra keyboard plugged in via bluetooth. The thing is, the ctrl+alt keys work on both the laptop and the extra keyboard, but I can't actually type! Probably activated some...
  9. keyboard won't type - can't log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard won't type - can't log in: After using Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 yesterday, turning power on today the keyboard does not type, nor does the on-screen keyboard work, so a password can not be entered. Shift+Restart has no effect. Control+Alt+Delete has no effect. Windows icon not visible....
  10. Keyboard won't type but turns on

Keyboard won't type but turns on: My keyboard suddenly stopped working. I have tried to fix it myself numerous times and nothing has fixed it. Something I noticed is that the "kbdhid" service won't start, and it gives out this error: Device HID\VID_046D&PID_C332&MI_01&Col01\7&28c6210e&0&0000 had a problem...