Windows 10: Keyboard

Discus and support Keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Keyboard problem : keys number 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are not working after upgrading from Win8 to Windows10 just using On-screen keyboard to type these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Noynoyjohn, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Noynoyjohn Win User

Keyboard

Keyboard problem : keys number 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are not working after upgrading from Win8 to Windows10 just using On-screen keyboard to type these numbers. I have a Dell XPS15. Your knowledge will be appreciated.

:)

Noynoyjohn, Sep 6, 2018
  2. SujataMoktan Win User

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard

1. Keyboard - Similar Threads - Keyboard

2. Keyboard and headset randomly turns of and on again at random moments after replacing...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and headset randomly turns of and on again at random moments after replacing...: Hello everyone, Yesterday I replaced my old cpu, motherboard and RAM but now I have this strange problem of my keyboard and headset turning of for like a second and after that automatically turning on again. Other devices, such as my mouse and xbox one controller don't do...
  3. keyboard setting and keyboard docked in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard setting and keyboard docked in task bar: 1- In the keyboard advance setting it appears "some setting hidden by your employer" this is my personal PC and has been never subject to any of my employer. 2- In spite of having docked the keyboard to the task bar it not appear there....
  4. Microsoft Keyboard 1531

Microsoft Keyboard 1531: Can I connect my Sculpt 1531 keyboard to my computer without a dongle? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-keyboard-1531/38340784-67fb-4317-bde6-9916b6953f9d
  5. Fix Windows 10 keyboard language changes on its own

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 keyboard language changes on its own: [ATTACH] In case of multiple keyboard scenario, things get tricky. Keyboard language changes on its own because of the keyboard changes while you are typing. The fact is that keyboard changes because we accidentally hit shortcuts like WinKey+Space key (Changes...
  6. Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect: Hi I just bought a new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth desktop keyboard to use with my Dell XPS 15 9530. I'm running Windows 10 and I'm able to pair the keyboard by going to settings and adding and adding a new bluetooth device. It prompts me to type in the passkey on the...
  7. Surface Pro 4 keyboard KEYS NOT WORKING

Surface Pro 4 keyboard KEYS NOT WORKING: Hallo Certain KEYS on My Surface Pro4 keyboard are not working. have a look at the Surface Pro4 Keyboard against what i have typed below and it will give you a clear indication of which keys are not working. KEYBOARD KEYS THAT ARE WORKING : THE MISSING GAPS SHOWS THE...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3050 Hotkeys

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3050 Hotkeys: I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard 3050. I have programmed the my favorite buttons (1-5) to open various files or folders. This only works intermittently sometimes switching to 'open items on task bar' function even though my settings in keyboard and mouse center are set to...
  9. Keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard shortcut: Dear Mycrosoft team, I am Chhayleang,, using a Laptop Asus A441U running Windows 10. I am having a problem with a shortcut key Ctrl+X. This happened after I created 3 folders and saved 10 Word Files in them in the Download Folder in drive C: ;and I want to move all the...
  10. Keyboard icon

Keyboard icon: New Surface Go owner. A Keyboard icon is not located on my taskbar and the keyboard does not Pop up when trying to enter certain user and password info. I have gone into Taskbar setting and there is no icon for a keyboard. I am in the desktop setting rather than tablet. Any...