Windows 10: Keyboard

Discus and support Keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Keyboard problem : keys number 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are not working after upgrading from Win8 to Windows10 just using On-screen keyboard to type these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Noynoyjohn, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Keyboard

Keyboard problem : keys number 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are not working after upgrading from Win8 to Windows10 just using On-screen keyboard to type these numbers. I have a Dell XPS15. Your knowledge will be appreciated.

:)

Noynoyjohn, Sep 6, 2018

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard

1. Keyboard - Similar Threads - Keyboard

2. ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD in windows 10: where is "ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD" in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-screen-chinese-traditional-bopomofo-keyboard-in/344b56ee-d574-4847-ba87-32cc7d062ff8
  3. keyboard not working in Microsoft apps. Works elsewhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not working in Microsoft apps. Works elsewhere: Hi Microsoft, I have noticed following: Keyboard randomly stops working only for Microsoft apps like: Cortana, Edge web browser. On restarts its starts working sometimes. Keyboard is very stable on every other non Microsoft apps. Troubleshooter shows no errors. Driver has...
  4. hot key for keyboard language change

in Windows 10 Customization
    hot key for keyboard language change: Is there a way to change the keyboard swapping hotkey on windows 10 from the windows key + space, to control + space, like it was on windows 7? I feel like the current hotkey is quite counter productive, because if you enter the keystroke too fast, sometimes it doesn't...
  5. Bluetooth keyboard wont pair with a windows 10 computer

Bluetooth keyboard wont pair with a windows 10 computer: I am trying to connect and pair a bluetooth keyboard to my pc with no success. I have checked for a updated driver but am told that it is the latest one available. I have successfully paired the computer to my Samsung tablet and the keyboard to the tablet which proves that...
  6. Window 10 Keyboard second functions mixed up, no equal sign

Window 10 Keyboard second functions mixed up, no equal sign: Hello, all my second function keys are mixed up, I mean pressing SHIFT plus OTHER CHARACTERS do not type the same character. My biggest problem is I can't get any combination to yield equal sign. I have a two weeks old new hp, window 10 laptop, any help....
  7. Keyboard does not work in safe mode.

Keyboard does not work in safe mode.: So I just built a brand new gaming pc, and there was a black screen on the monitor because I didn't plug it into the graphics card and instead on the IO shield. I decided to turn the pc onto safe mode but then I realized I plugged the hdmi into the wrong place. I fixed the...
  8. windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard

windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard: hi..i am running windows 10 on a dell alienware...it recently automatically updated...now i lost use of my usb ports in windows..i have no mouse or keyboard usage so i cant fix this in windows.. i can use both of them in bios but i cant boot into safe mode...i tried F8 and...
  9. how do I use my touchpad and my keyboard at the same time

how do I use my touchpad and my keyboard at the same time: If I use my keyboard then my mouse does not move and vice versa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-my-touchpad-and-my-keyboard-at-the/3f3e09dc-61e5-4d06-9465-8c96c4a66f68
  10. touchpad and keyboard

touchpad and keyboard: how do I use the touchpad and keyboard at the same time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-keyboard/d24558e7-e41b-4f94-a0bb-3b4654513fdb