Windows 10: Keyboard

Discus and support Keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After using a usb keyboard for some years, I find the @ and " have "changed places" My pc tells me the correct driver is installed. Am I going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EddieWinship, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Keyboard

After using a usb keyboard for some years, I find the @ and " have "changed places" My pc tells me the correct driver is installed. Am I going crazy?

:)

EddieWinship, Jun 12, 2019

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard

1. Keyboard - Similar Threads - Keyboard

2. Laptop Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Home Single Language: Laptop keyboard not working in windows 10. Although, the keyboard is working well in safe mode or in BIOS. As and when Windows 10 OS is starting, the keyboard doesn't respond at all. I have already reset my PC using the preloaded windows but still, the keyboard isn't working...
  3. HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE: FOR SOME REASON MY KEYBOARD STATRED MAKING A SOUND WHEN I PRESS ON KEYS TO TYPE.HOW DO I STOP THISN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-keyboard-making-sounds-when-i-type/0a429486-d3b8-4f67-bee9-32927d816bf3
  4. Windows 10 Bug or a keyboard issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Bug or a keyboard issue?: When working in an MS Word 2010 document, Excel and Gmail, I have experienced several problems recently: 1. The Find and Replace keeps popping up randomly many, many times. 2. The cursor loses its place and jumps up the page. 3. The cursor changes to a dot and wont...
  5. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard backlight: On my Lenovo Yoga, the keyboard backlight comes on briefly on start up but then fades out. Looked on settings but could not find anything? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated?...
  6. Backlit Keyboard

Backlit Keyboard: I'm afraid I know the answer to my question: Can I solve my no-backlit-keyboard issue (tho advertised that way and shipped without) by installing a driver? Or does it require firmware. Can it be revised? Or do I need to send this thing back and get the one promised... Many...
  7. Window keyboard loop and multiple Win 10 volumes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window keyboard loop and multiple Win 10 volumes: Upgrade from 8.1 to 10. Each update would cause multiple problems so chose metered connection to avoid pushing most of the updates. I mistakenly unticked the option and it updated in background while i was working and the update forced a restart, after 20 mins closing down it...
  8. Windows 10 Build 1903 Vietnamese Keyboard Telex has problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Build 1903 Vietnamese Keyboard Telex has problem!: Hello there, Windows 1903 arrived with a lot of features and stuffs, among them was the long-anticipated native Vietnamese keyboard (Telex). The keyboard works with great performance, as expected of a native built keyboard. Though I'm upset that Microsoft hide the settings...
  9. keyboard typing letter 4 automatically

keyboard typing letter 4 automatically: hello, my keyboard is automatically typing letter 4.. I tried many solution but it doesn't work out...I reinstall keyboard driver, windows update, restart system and scan too.. but still cant find solution.. can anyone have any solution for this...
  10. I accidentally disabled my laptop keyboard

I accidentally disabled my laptop keyboard: Hi everybody I was wondering whether somebody can help me? I was trying to enable my laptop keyboard back light for the keys and I accidentally disabled the entire keyboard, so can only now use the onscreen keyboard on my HP Spectre x360. I may gone into the bios and the...