Windows 10: Keyboard

Discus and support Keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The keys on my keyboard light up momentarily when I turn my PC on but how do I manually turn them on for use in the dark?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MissouriJohn, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Keyboard

The keys on my keyboard light up momentarily when I turn my PC on but how do I manually turn them on for use in the dark?

:)

MissouriJohn, Feb 23, 2020

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard

1. Keyboard - Similar Threads - Keyboard

2. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  3. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  4. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I have an issue with the escape button. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I want to troubleshoot the keyboard but the troubleshoot button is not available under the other troubleshooter options....
  6. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I have an issue with the escape button. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I want to troubleshoot the keyboard but the troubleshoot button is not available under the other troubleshooter options....
  7. keyboard backlight on my huawei laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard backlight on my huawei laptop: Hi guys , i can not light up my keyboard on my windows 10. Huawei laptop* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight-on-my-huawei-laptop/18e75063-cbaa-465e-851c-07efdbf490c6
  8. I can't type "@" on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type "@" on my keyboard: When i turned screen keyboard on I noticed keys format are different than common keyboard. Help me solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-on-my-keyboard/00134582-d83a-4208-bae2-0e095858c75b
  9. I can't type "@" on my keyboard

I can't type "@" on my keyboard: When i turned screen keyboard on I noticed keys format are different than common keyboard. Help me solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-on-my-keyboard/00134582-d83a-4208-bae2-0e095858c75b
  10. keyboard backlight on my huawei laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard backlight on my huawei laptop: Hi guys , i can not light up my keyboard on my windows 10. Hauwei laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight-on-my-huawei-laptop/18e75063-cbaa-465e-851c-07efdbf490c6