Windows 10: Keyboard

Discus and support Keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The letter "I" is not working on my pc I've tried using another keyboard ,the same problem. What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hussienghaddar, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Keyboard

The letter "I" is not working on my pc I've tried using another keyboard ,the same problem. What should I do?

:)

hussienghaddar, Aug 2, 2020

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard

1. Keyboard - Similar Threads - Keyboard

2. Keyboard input for " and @ reversed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input for " and @ reversed: On using shift+2, I should get @, but I get a " On using shift+' I should get ", but I get a @ Please suggest a solution. This had happened previously, and I'd managed to reset by changing the input language from Indonesian to UK English It's not working this time....
  3. Microsoft Surface Keyboard is going to sleep mode and reconnects after 10-20 seconds.

Microsoft Surface Keyboard is going to sleep mode and reconnects after 10-20 seconds.: Hi I have a very nice MS Surface Keyboard bluetooth. After some time of inactivity or after locking my computer the keyboard is in a sleep mode and reconnects very slowly. I have to wait 10-20s for my keyboard to be back. I have no power options in bluetooth device...
  4. HELP! My keyboard doesn't function anymore, and it only opens shortcuts! How to stop this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! My keyboard doesn't function anymore, and it only opens shortcuts! How to stop this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/saltybrusher [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6stf3/help_my_keyboard_doesnt_function_anymore_and_it/
  5. Problem with the Kaomoji Keyboard Display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with the Kaomoji Keyboard Display: Hello everyone, I have recently started experiencing what looks like a bug with the latest version of Windows 10, where the icons that would represent the different sections of each Kaomoji category are failing to load their thumbnails. Is there a setting that I can use to...
  6. Resetting a Keyboard

Resetting a Keyboard: This is probably a hardware issue with my wireless keyboard. The issue happens about once every other day. I will be typing along and then they keyboard will act like I have the CTRL or SHIFT key held down. Sometimes it acts as if I am holding a key down so it repeats the...
  7. Keyboard "Stuck" or Not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard "Stuck" or Not working: Please help When i type on my keyboard the computer tends ro have little hiccups here and there. When it does it either not recognize my keyboard for a second or two ignoring the letters I press. Other times it decides to register the letter i pressed like 20 times in a...
  8. How do I disable the Alt + Left Arrow Key keyboard shortcut on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the Alt + Left Arrow Key keyboard shortcut on Windows 10?: I want to disable the shortcut, not the keys. I've been searching for an answer for two months please someone tell me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-alt-left-arrow-key-keyboard/9dcd4d4e-2b69-4dd0-bd5c-c5a369c458f1
  9. Designer Keyboard loses connection/only Fn keys working

Designer Keyboard loses connection/only Fn keys working: Hello, my Designer Keyboard loses connection from time to time. This is mostly due to energy saving feature, although i actually turned it off, it still does it. Usually it reconnects after a second or two. Usually they keyboard works fine, but sometimes, after it...
  10. Dual monitors and mouse/keyboard actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitors and mouse/keyboard actions: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and have added a second monitor. This is primarily wiht my video editor the second monitor can show the main video that I am editing. This seems to work. However the action of the mouse moving from one monitor to the other is less obious....