Windows 10: Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode

Discus and support Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Could you please help me with my keyboard? After a while, it's Shift button (left) & 6,7,8,9 buttons when hit the laptop will be enter to Sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by akhenaton14, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode

Hi,

Could you please help me with my keyboard? After a while, it's Shift button (left) & 6,7,8,9 buttons when hit the laptop will be enter to Sleep Mode.

I use Windows 10. Any suggestions for normalized these buttons? Thanks.

:)

akhenaton14, Jan 29, 2019

2. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 29, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode

Waking up from sleep mode

Hi Phil,

If you are unable to get out of Sleep mode, it could mean that the BIOS installed reduces the power to which your input device is connected, i.e. mouse or keyboard. For us to properly assist you in getting out of Sleep mode, kindly respond to the questions
    below:

• Can you explain further what you are experiencing? Were you able to get to the lock screen after waking from Sleep mode?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • When did the issue start to occur? Did it happen after installing an update, an app, or a driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode

1. Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Keyboards locked Sleep

2. Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer: Hi all,I just upgraded computers and therefore went from Windows 10 to 11. Windows 11's "Sleep" option doesn't seem to work the same way as it used to. When I use it, the computer just powers down, but its easily accessed by myself or anyone else maliciously if they just move...
  3. lock screen flickering in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen flickering in sleep mode: I have ASUS vivo book x16 windows 11 . everything is working fine but a small issue is whenever I kept my laptop in sleep mode then screen start flickering and never get turn off . It's like someone is pressing any key continuously. if anyone of you face this same issue,...
  4. lock screen flickering in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock screen flickering in sleep mode: I have ASUS vivo book x16 windows 11 . everything is working fine but a small issue is whenever I kept my laptop in sleep mode then screen start flickering and never get turn off . It's like someone is pressing any key continuously. if anyone of you face this same issue,...
  5. sleep mode and system lock

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode and system lock: I am using windows 10 and my monitor goes to lock mode if i am not using mouse after 30 seconds. I have checked sleep mode, power mode, plug-in mode and all other things and still i am finding same difficulty....
  6. Sleep mode not locking laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode not locking laptop?: When I hit 'sleep' mode on my keyboard or I press the power button on my laptop so it temporary locks, it doesn't actually locks/temporary shuts. It just makes the screen go black and you can 'unlock' the laptop just by pressing any key or moving the mouse. I'm pissed. What...
  7. Sleep mode and lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep mode and lock screen: I have disabled sleep mode but now do not have a locked screen. How can turn this function on. I have gone to settings but only sleep mode is available for locked screen. Thanks....
  8. Sleep mode locks the screen

Sleep mode locks the screen: When I click on Windows / Power / Sleep mode, it often locks the screen instead. When I repeat the procedure it finally makes my Dell XPS 13 notebook sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-locks-the-screen/496ae348-9ba0-4b59-a006-138444ffc174
  9. Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue

Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue: I am facing a problem of automatically my pc is going to Lock screen when I am not using my laptop for 1 minute After that I want to open my lock screen with password and I should continue my work this is very irritating and I cannot proceed my work speedily and I changed...
  10. Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode

Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode: Hi Microsoft, There is a bug in Windows (I am using Windows 10) whereby I let my laptop go into Sleep mode for a few days, after which I can no longer unlock Windows despite correct password. I checked online and many mentioned it is a common Microsoft log-in bug, but I...