Windows 10: Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

Discus and support Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI am having repeated issues with keyboard usage. I have tried with two different keyboards and encounter the same issues when plugging into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BethR19, Dec 2, 2021.

1. BethR19 Win User

Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

HelloI am having repeated issues with keyboard usage. I have tried with two different keyboards and encounter the same issues when plugging into the USB hub the PC cannot recognise the device. I have done countless driver uninstalls and restarts, and checked my power settings, but it just will not recognise the external keyboards when attached through the Rybozen USB 3.0 7 port hub device. Any help greatly appreciated!

:)

BethR19, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Nagyanya Win User

mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.

I have an external 3.0 usb hub plugged into my hp laptop. The light is on but my laptop does not recognize the mouse, keyboard and external speakers plugged into the hub. They only work when plugged into the laptop, but there is not enough room for all three
    items plus the hub. The printer is recognized as are the two charging ports on the hub. An external monitor is connected into the laptop via hdmi cable and works fine.

Nagyanya, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Fortitude Win User
    insufficient power when external SSD is connected to USB hub?

My laptop has too few USB 3.0 ports for my purposes and therefore I use USB hubs to connect external devices to it. In fact I have two externally powered USB hubs of seven ports each connected to the laptop.

On one of them I have four (individually powered) external drives connected to it, my keyboard, a mouse and a printer. This hub presents no problems. However, the other one which is used to power some airflow fans under the laptop (not sure if it's really useful) does not seem to have enough power when I connect a 512 GB external SSD drive to it. The drive keeps connecting to and disconnecting from the laptop.

If I were to change the USB hub that presents this problem can you suggest what I should look out for in buying a new hub?

Fortitude, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Nagyanya Win User

mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.

I bought a HT-UH010 7-Port USB 3.0 HUB + 2 Smart Charging Ports, 12V/5A Power Adapter to make sure it was powerful enough for the plugins. The hub in my laptop is 3.0. All the plug in items work directly into laptop so I know they are working. The speakers
    worked in the external hub until this morning when now they don't. So maddening...

Nagyanya, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC - Similar Threads - Keyboards externally powered

2. Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC: HelloI am having repeated issues with keyboard usage. I have tried with two different keyboards and encounter the same issues when plugging into the USB hub the PC cannot recognise the device. I have done countless driver uninstalls and restarts, and checked my power...
  3. Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC: HelloI am having repeated issues with keyboard usage. I have tried with two different keyboards and encounter the same issues when plugging into the USB hub the PC cannot recognise the device. I have done countless driver uninstalls and restarts, and checked my power...
  4. USB Hub not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Hub not working: My USB hub is not working j5 create 7 port usb hub JUH377When I plug things into the USB Hub I hear constant connecting and disconnecting sounds and none of the peripherals appearI've tried connecting the hub to all usb ports and the same issue occursI've connected other...
  5. USB Hub not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Hub not working: My USB hub is not working j5 create 7 port usb hub JUH377When I plug things into the USB Hub I hear constant connecting and disconnecting sounds and none of the peripherals appearI've tried connecting the hub to all usb ports and the same issue occursI've connected other...
  6. USB Hub not working

7. external USB hub not working property

external USB hub not working property: I have a keyboard and mouse that share a single USB receiver. I also have a webcam and microphone sharing a single USB cable. I have a 2-port USB KVM switch with audio TK-209K. If I plug the the webcam/microphone cable directly into one of the USB port on the computer, both...
  8. USB Hub not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Hub not working: I have a new computer and a USB hub I used with my old computer is not being recognized not is any peripherals. I have done all the troubleshooting online with no success any suggestions?...
  9. mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.

mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.: I have an external 3.0 usb hub plugged into my hp laptop. The light is on but my laptop does not recognize the mouse, keyboard and external speakers plugged into the hub. They only work when plugged into the laptop, but there is not enough room for all three items plus the...
  10. Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub

Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub: I have two powered USB 2.0 hard drives that I plan to plug into a powered USB 3.0 hub. I know I won't get the USB 3.0 speed, but should the I also connect each drive's power connection? Thank you for your help. 96467