Windows 10: Keyboards not working on windows 10

Discus and support Keyboards not working on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently for the past 2 weeks, I’ve been having trouble with my computer. My new usb keyboard I had gotten for cheap was at first working but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KingDomas, Aug 19, 2020.

1. KingDomas Win User

Keyboards not working on windows 10

Recently for the past 2 weeks, I’ve been having trouble with my computer. My new usb keyboard I had gotten for cheap was at first working but disconnecting randomly. I tried installing a driver but it didn’t fix it. A few days later it stopped working entirely, so I switched to my previous keyboard which wasn’t USB but had broken keys. That worked well and had no connection problems. Later that day it stopped working spilt water on it, clumsy me! which might’ve caused it, but it stopped working. So I left it there for about a week when I found an old but working keyboard usb. I connected it to my USB port and started my computer. It got power num lock lit up but then turned off at the login screen and does not send any input. None of this has happened before.

I’m going to run a virus scan, any suggestions? My USB stick works when I plug it in so I don’t think it is the port.

:)

KingDomas, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboards not working on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboards working

2. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  3. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  4. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard not working: My keyboard not working on my pc.RGB lights are glowing . But not working . After restart it works for few minutes then again the keys won't work . But my keyboard works fine on my laptop. Tried updating driver . Tried changing usb ports. Tried updating bios. Even tried...
  6. My keyboard not working

My keyboard not working: My keyboard not working on my pc.RGB lights are glowing . But not working . After restart it works for few minutes then again the keys won't work . But my keyboard works fine on my laptop. Tried updating driver . Tried changing usb ports. Tried updating bios. Even tried...
  7. Keyboard and Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Touchpad not working: HID compliant keyboard and touchpad drivers disappeared on surface book 2 running windows 10 pro. I tried updating drivers, then uninstalling and rebooting system and they never came back. Keyboard LED lights up, FN button lights up, detach button works. Touchpad and regular...
  8. Keyboard and Touchpad not working

Keyboard and Touchpad not working: HID compliant keyboard and touchpad drivers disappeared on surface book 2 running windows 10 pro. I tried updating drivers, then uninstalling and rebooting system and they never came back. Keyboard LED lights up, FN button lights up, detach button works. Touchpad and regular...
  9. Keyboard and Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Keyboard and mouse wont work

Keyboard and mouse wont work: Everything was fine until yesterday i turn on my computer and my keyboard and mouse do not work, because of this i am unable to access the computer, i have tried plugging into other USB ports and have tried other device but the problem persists. I dont know what to do and...