Windows 10: Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts

Discus and support Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Like title says keyboards only doing keyboard shortcuts once I log into windows 10 pro. Tried clean install still to no avail. Found a thread from 2018... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JustinKoontz2, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts

Like title says keyboards only doing keyboard shortcuts once I log into windows 10 pro. Tried clean install still to no avail. Found a thread from 2018 and I've tried everything and nothing works. When I pull up onscreen keyboard after it goes to shortcut keyboard the ctrl alt windows and shift keys are being held amd wont go away unless logged out or computer gets full restart then happens again randomly usually withing 2 minutes

:)

JustinKoontz2, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Keyboard shortcuts

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Are there specific programs where you can't use the keyboard shortcuts? What programs are affected?
    • Are you using wired or wireless keyboard?

We'll wait for your response.

Mary Sau, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Wireless keyboard not working

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to connect the keyboard to a different computer and check if it works.

Apart from wireless keyboard, I would also suggest you to connect wired keyboard to the computer and check the status.

If issue still persists, try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Check in compatibility mode.

Download the keyboard drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed
      with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Yo_Wattup Win User

Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts

Best wireless gaming keyboard?

Why would you move away from the reciever? Do you like to ride around your room on your wheelie-chair while gaming or something? *Confused Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts :confused:

And I do play fast paced FPSs and I 100% guarantee you, cross my heart hope to die, swear on my mother's grave, that there is noooooooooooo lag at all. None. Nada. Zilch.

Because 'serious' gamers are uninformed about the accuracy of modern wireless systems and believe (like yourself and Shibdib) that wired will be more accurate, which is not the case. *Toast :toast:

But anyway... I've narrowed it down to 4 keyboards:

The Gigabyte GK-KM7600:

• The most stylish keyboard here
    • Good placement of multimedia keys
    • Price
    • A nice change from Logitech
    • Could have rubbish feeling domes

Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts [​IMG]

The Logitech illuminated K800 Wireless Keyboard:
    • ILLUMINATED. awesome feature on a wireless keyboard. I've been looking for an illuminated wireless keyboard for ages, I believe this is the first and only one ever made ever. *Big Grin Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts :D
    • Quality
    • Stupid function key system for multimedia keys.

Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts Logitech++K800.jpg

The Logitech MK550:

• Fantastic placement of multimedia keys, one which I am quite familiar with.
    • Ergonomics

Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts [​IMG]

And the Logitech MX-5500:

• Get a great mouse with it
    • Pricey due to said mouse

Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts MX_5500_klein.jpg

Opinions? I wish I could just buy all of them. *Cry :cry:

Thanks for reading.

Yo_Wattup, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts

1. Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts - Similar Threads - Keyboards tried multiple

2. keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless: only started yesterday, keyboard and mouse either not working or reacting slow and not moving. have tried wired and wireless. both react the same. there was a windows 11 update a few days ago and has started since then. PC say latest drivers are installed. logitech wireless...
  3. keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless: only started yesterday, keyboard and mouse either not working or reacting slow and not moving. have tried wired and wireless. both react the same. there was a windows 11 update a few days ago and has started since then. PC say latest drivers are installed. logitech wireless...
  4. Wireless keyboard glitches but wired doesn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless keyboard glitches but wired doesn't: Hi, I recently got this issue where whenever I try to play games with my wireless keyboard, many times the last key I pressed remains pressed but not physically. Like if I press W key to move my in-game character it keeps moving even though I remove my hand. This issue...
  5. Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging

Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging: No idea how to even start checking what the issue is. When I start using my laptop Dell XPS 13 9310 in the morning - it works. But after some time something weird starts to happen. There is no CPU/Ram/anything spikes in the panels, no errors, no nothing. It's the latest...
  6. Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard!: Razer diagnosed a fault with my wired Huntsman Elite keyboard, no key press is recorded when pressing shift then f. It doesn't produce a capital 'f'. While awaiting a replacement, I am using a Lotigech wireless keyboard, and guess what, the same issue! Shift f wont create a...
  7. how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut: ive done this a few times and i somehow always forget how to fix it. i somehow pressed some keys that changed my shortcut binding. @ used to be ``alt gr + Q`` and now it is ``shift + 2`` i dont know if it is just 1 button that changes it or a combination of 2 or 3. does...
  8. MS Wireless Keyboard 5050 - Shortcut keys

MS Wireless Keyboard 5050 - Shortcut keys: On my old keyboard, I could press F5 in Notepad for a timestamp. However I am unable to get a timestamp when I press F5 in Notepad with my new keyboard. How can I get my new keyboard MS Comfort Wireless 5050 Desktop to give me a timestamp in Notepad?...
  9. Replacing wired keyboard and mouse on a new PC with wireless keyboard and mouse that was...

Replacing wired keyboard and mouse on a new PC with wireless keyboard and mouse that was...: I got a new pc. How do I replace the wired keyboard and mouse with wireless keyboard and mouse used on previous PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-wired-keyboard-and-mouse-on-a-new-pc/47b62275-a0f8-41d2-a6b5-2234f3d4cc17
  10. wired to wireless connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wired to wireless connect: currently I have two ISPs. one that I've connected to "internet" via ethernet wire. I have a second ISP that I can connect to wirelessly. How do I change from the current wired connection to the wireless connection, Win 10 64....