Windows 10: keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 issue with FN button

Discus and support keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 issue with FN button in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just got the keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 at work. After installing the last microsoft keyboard and mouse software, and play a little bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Davide ZZZ, Nov 12, 2019.

1. keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 issue with FN button

Hi, I just got the keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 at work.

After installing the last microsoft keyboard and mouse software, and play a little bit with it i got this problem:

- all work correctly but the FN key doesn´t. When I use it to get the F1-F12 functions, it simply open a windows, the same if i press I would press the right button of the mouse. this is quite frustrating as need to use F-keys quite often for jobs.

Have you ever heard of this problems? there is a way to reset the keyboard to original setting? maybe when downloaded the software something happened.

Thanks

:)

Davide ZZZ, Nov 12, 2019

2. Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard play button

A Windows 10 forced update broke my Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard play button. It still sort of works, but now the application window has to be in focus for it to work.

Can this be fixed so it works in the background like it used to?

LouisCornell, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Wired Keyboard not working properly - HELP!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information:

• From when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, then download the drivers for the keyboard from the link provided below and install the same and check.

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Device downloads | Microsoft Accessories

Please get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Kristopl Win User

keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 issue with FN button

Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Hi,

I have purchased the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 and the buttons at the top right, above the number pad, the "=", "(" and ")" are not working. This is actually the 4th keyboard I've purchased for my office and only one of the keyboards has
    had these buttons work. Two of the keyboards which those buttons do not work have been purchased in the last couple months and they keys never worked out of the box. Is this a driver issue?

Thank you,

Kris

Kristopl, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 issue with FN button

1. keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 issue with FN button - Similar Threads - keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic

2. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  3. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  4. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter"

Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter": I have Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. Just recently, every time I hit "x" it returns. And every time I hit "enter", it puts an "x" and returns. I tried updating drivers and removing the drivers. I also checked Sticky Keys, to make sure I didn't have anything active. And...
  6. Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter": I have Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. Just recently, every time I hit "x" it returns. And every time I hit "enter", it puts an "x" and returns. I tried updating drivers and removing the drivers. I also checked Sticky Keys, to make sure I didn't have anything active. And...
  7. Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 - Issues with "x" and "enter"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Is there a mute/unmute button on this keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/abd72a9e-439e-4be5-828f-3656fddf2735
  9. microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0

microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0: Hi Is there a download to enable the shortcuts to work in windows 10 the original installation disc says not compatible with this version of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-ergonomic-keyboard-4000-v10/281074cd-22c8-4228-93b9-bf4255fe7a7e
  10. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: I have bought and used the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard since it was made. I started a new job and had them order me one. The space bar did not work. They had it replaced and the second one worked for two weeks. Now keys don't work (the enter key, c, y, u, i o; keypad keys /,...