Windows 10: Keymapping Problem

Discus and support Keymapping Problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a third-party advent ABKMM15 keyboard, which has worked fine for about two months, however now I'm experiencing very strange things. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HarryCrook, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Keymapping Problem

I'm using a third-party advent ABKMM15 keyboard, which has worked fine for about two months, however now I'm experiencing very strange things. The spacebar reduces volume when pressed, left shift turns off the computer, and when I deny it power access it acts as though I'm holding it and the left key, and the keyboard language is changed to japanese at seemingly random intervals (although this is has not happened since denying it power access.)

I've checked for stuck keys on the main keyboard and found nothing, and I've used a keyboard detector to find the following maps:

lshift - lshift + rshift + left (either shuts down computer or scrolls up as ctrl+up)

lctrl - lshift + rshift + lctrl + rctrl + end

space - win + space

lalt - lalt + ralt

ralt - lalt + ralt + lctrl + rctrl

rshift - lshift + rshift + end

f12 or f5 - f12 + f5

I'm particularly confused about the spacebar as win space is not a volume hotkey. Ive tried resetting the keyboard both by removing it from the computer and by replacing its batteries. This has happened once before with completely different maps but disappeared with repeated pressing of the keys, which is not happening this time.

Edit: Restarting my laptop seems to have temporarily fixed it, I'd still like to know why this is happening.

:)

HarryCrook, Mar 23, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Mar 23, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Keymapping Problem

UNIGINE-Valley BENCHMARK scores

OK, no problem! It's your list...I was just making a suggestion. No hard feelings?

rtwjunkie, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Keymapping Problem

1. Keymapping Problem - Similar Threads - Keymapping Problem

2. Hi please help me here,am trying to apply for college and the problem I come across is when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi please help me here,am trying to apply for college and the problem I come across is when...: Hi please help me here,am trying to apply for tvet college and the problem I come across is when I click on a button to submit documents it says "close your browser session and restart the wizard process in a new window"...
  3. Hi please help me here,am trying to apply for college and the problem I come across is when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi please help me here,am trying to apply for college and the problem I come across is when...: Hi please help me here,am trying to apply for tvet college and the problem I come across is when I click on a button to submit documents it says "close your browser session and restart the wizard process in a new window"...
  4. Keymapping in WSA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keymapping in WSA: Pls help me, I want to play bgmi in pc in Windows subsystem for android with keymapping.Can any keymapping is possible ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keymapping-in-wsa/f7bdea6a-621d-4dbb-9636-a62a8e4c9c04
  5. Keymapping in WSA

Keymapping in WSA: Pls help me, I want to play bgmi in pc in Windows subsystem for android with keymapping.Can any keymapping is possible ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keymapping-in-wsa/f7bdea6a-621d-4dbb-9636-a62a8e4c9c04
  6. Is there a way to nest a keymap inside of a keymap on a windows OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to nest a keymap inside of a keymap on a windows OS?: kind of like the program emacs or vim where you enter into "modes" so pressing keys mean something different in each mode?The reason I'm asking is because I got this Chinese keyboard from Fuhlen which seems like standard Ascii American keyboard but third party Japanese...
  7. Is there a way to nest a keymap inside of a keymap on a windows OS?

Is there a way to nest a keymap inside of a keymap on a windows OS?: kind of like the program emacs or vim where you enter into "modes" so pressing keys mean something different in each mode?The reason I'm asking is because I got this Chinese keyboard from Fuhlen which seems like standard Ascii American keyboard but third party Japanese...
  8. Possible to lock keymap selection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to lock keymap selection?: Windows 10 keeps changing keymaps constantly. It's incredibly annoying. On one computer I managed to solve this since I only wanted to use one keymap, and with powershell it's possible to physically remove any other language than the one you want to use. On this computer...
  9. Keymapping for Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keymapping for Windows: I want to play mobile games on my old PC. So, the first thing that you'll say is installing an emulator. For some reasons, I can't run/emulate any of Android games on my PC (no BlueStacks, no Nox, no GameLoop, no even Androidx86). So, I decided to connect my PC to my phone....
  10. EBCDIC / ASCII keymap converter for access to IBM mainframe

EBCDIC / ASCII keymap converter for access to IBM mainframe: Hi folks trying to connect to an IBM type of mainframe anybody here got experience of ASCII-->EBCDIC type of keys etc and login from PC to an IBM type of mainframe. I'm using an x3270 type of emulator to try and login but I'm stuck with keys and I'm afraid as it's Friday our...