Windows 10: Keypad and Touch Pad unresponsive

Discus and support Keypad and Touch Pad unresponsive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Surface Pro 5 tablet. Its keypad as also touch pad are not responding. As a result I cannot find the curser. Having a touch screen and pen helps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by veteran2, Dec 18, 2020.

1. veteran2 Win User

Keypad and Touch Pad unresponsive

I have Surface Pro 5 tablet. Its keypad as also touch pad are not responding. As a result I cannot find the curser. Having a touch screen and pen helps but it is quite tedious for normal typing etc. Please advise.

:)

veteran2, Dec 18, 2020

2. touch pad unresponsive

it might be a coincidence but since upgrading to windows 10, my touch pad on my acer laptop is unresponsive. ive tried the F7 key in case id turned it off by mistake, but nope. any other ideas? if I put a usb one in the mouse will work.

sarahwood80, Dec 18, 2020
  3. after upgrading to windows 10 touch key pad is nt responding

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We are apologize for the inconvenience.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check the status of touch pad in Device manager.

Press Windows key + X.

Select Device manager.

On your left hand side you may find the list of devices.

Check the status of touch pad there.

Method 2: If the issues persists please uninstall and reinstall the touch keypad driver from its manufacturer website.

Uninstall a driver.

• Click Start, type Device Manager, and press
      Enter
    • Find and double-click touch keypad
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible. In a pinch you can use the Windows Device Manager to uninstall troublesome driver.
    Down load the latest driver for Windows 10 and install the driver from the system manufacture web site.

Sudharshan M K, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Keypad and Touch Pad unresponsive

touch pad unresponsive

Hi Sara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Regrets the inconvenience caused. Let me ask few question to help you better in this regard.

* Make and model of your Laptop?

Suggest you to check and download the latest touch pad device drivers from device Manufacture's website and check if it Help. You can install the compatible windows 10 device drivers from Manufacture's website using your device model details.

Method 1:

You may update the Touch Pad driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b) Spot and expand the “Touch Pad Device”.

c). Right click on the touch pad driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed.

Method 2:

Further, if there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then trying installing it in compatibility mode.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if problem still persist, we’re glad to assist.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Keypad and Touch Pad unresponsive

1. Keypad and Touch Pad unresponsive - Similar Threads - Keypad Touch Pad

2. Touch Pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch Pad: My Touch Pad is not working. I have gone to device manager but my touch pad driver is missing. How do I fix this issue and be able to use my touch pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad/3ec5ceb1-8fed-42fa-bc2c-476ef8d9a8ed
  3. touch pad

touch pad: Hello I installed Windows 10 Enterprise on my laptop a few days ago, but the touchpad has been completely disabled. The driver is not installed in the device manager and it is empty, and now I am working with a physical mouse. In fact, all the drivers are completely and...
  4. touch pad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch pad: ACPI\SYN327B\4&14A83344&0 missing says deleted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad/b81ea68f-445f-4f75-a9a7-7016682d920a
  5. touch pad

touch pad: .Hello, I have an Dell Inspiron 5558 and I was trying to find a setting that would disable the touch pad when I had a USB mouse plugged in, I know I can disable it in Device manager but when the computer restarts it is enabled again even though the Device Manager says it is...
  6. Touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch pad: How do I disable the touchpad? I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 1809 on an HP Pavilion laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad/85c0f42e-9ae0-4ba1-ac8a-cd9bf7b98c3e
  7. touch pad

touch pad: I own an HP envy x360. With Windows ten. But whenever I try to move my cursor on the touchpad and hold down a key at the same time. It won't let me. Is there any way to change this. Thank you....
  8. Touch Pad

Touch Pad: I just purchased my HP Envy 17 yesterday! I love it!. I am having a problem with my touch pad not working correctly. It will disable at random times. I can still move the cursor but essentially it will not let me "tap" or "click"...
  9. touch pad

touch pad: I have an hp windows 10 laptop. I exclusively use the mouse or the touch capability. I want to turn the touch pad off as it gets in the way as i'm typing. how do I do this...
  10. touch pad

touch pad: I bought a acer aspire 3, when I was trying to configure the touch pad settings and turned off touchpad. Am unable to turn on the touch pad even after restarting. can anyone help me with this issue ??...