Windows 10: Keypressing problem

Discus and support Keypressing problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TahsinTalha, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Keypressing problem

Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy setting. During this process my external keyboard was not plugged in. I uninstalled my laptop keyboard but when i restarted the laptop and plugged in my external keyboard, my external keyboard was not working. So I turned that option reset in the group policy. I have also tried to

:)

TahsinTalha, Oct 25, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Eddie9000 Win User
    Sculpt keyboard does not detect keypress after inactivity, or repeats the keypress

I use Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse at home and at work. With both keyboards I have issues with keypresses not being detected or being repeated after the button has been released.

• When pressing a key after a few minutes of inactivity, the first keypress does not register. This is also true when the monitor has been turned off because of inactivity, and when the computer has gone to sleep because of inactivity. The next keypress will
      however always register.
    • When pressing a key after a few minutes of inactivity, the key can get stuck repeating the keypress until the key is pressed again. This often happens when I'm watching a YouTube video and presses the spacebar to pause the video. The result is that the
      YouTube player will pause and unpause multiple times a second until I press spacebar again.
    I'm running English Windows 10 updated as of 5/22/2017 with the official Microsoft keyboard software installed. One keyboard is Swedish and use the Swedish keyboard layout. The other is Korean and use the US keyboard layout. The wireless receiver connected
    to the computer is in both cases about 50cm/20" from the keyboard itself, with only the computer monitor blocking the direct path. In both locations there are WiFi routers close by, and in my office environment there are other computers nearby with wireless
    devices.

Eddie9000, Oct 25, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Keypressing problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Keypressing problem

1. Keypressing problem - Similar Threads - Keypressing problem

2. I am trying to have a beep for each time a keypress is registered. Does anyone know where...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to have a beep for each time a keypress is registered. Does anyone know where...: I am trying to have a beep for each time a keypress is registered. Using Filter Keys, I'll get about one beep for every 5 keys pressed unacceptable. Does anyone know where this filter key beep is in the task manager so I can assign the process a higher priority?...
  3. I am trying to have a beep for each time a keypress is registered. Does anyone know where...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to have a beep for each time a keypress is registered. Does anyone know where...: I am trying to have a beep for each time a keypress is registered. Using Filter Keys, I'll get about one beep for every 5 keys pressed unacceptable. Does anyone know where this filter key beep is in the task manager so I can assign the process a higher priority?...
  4. Keypress sound only while using Bluetooth earphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypress sound only while using Bluetooth earphones: As soon as I connect my Bluetooth earphones to my laptop suddenly each keypress will start having a sound and I cannot find an option to disable it. It only happens when I connect my BT earphones and it is so annoying. It does not happen when I have wired earphones connected,...
  5. Keypress sound only while using Bluetooth earphones

Keypress sound only while using Bluetooth earphones: As soon as I connect my Bluetooth earphones to my laptop suddenly each keypress will start having a sound and I cannot find an option to disable it. It only happens when I connect my BT earphones and it is so annoying. It does not happen when I have wired earphones connected,...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not...

Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000/Comfort Keyboard 5050 lag and repeating keypresses, but not...: I have a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 and Comfort Keyboard 5050 bought together as a "Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050", using with my Dell Latitude 7420 laptop.Ever since I bought them, I noticed that from a cold boot, or after the machine resumes from "deep" sleep,...
  7. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  8. Keypressing problem

Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  9. Keyboard problem - keypress loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard problem - keypress loop: Hey, i have problem with my keyboard, when i press tilde ` nothing happens. But then if i bind something to it e.g. in PC game, that action will repeat in a loop! But in windows in notepad, nothing is written if i click there. Really strange! Also i can't write tilde, only...
  10. Keyboard problem - keypress loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard problem - keypress loop: Hey, i have problem with my keyboard, when i press tilde ` nothing happens. But then if i bind something to it e.g. in PC game, that action will repeat in a loop! But in windows in notepad, nothing is written if i click there. Really strange! Also i can't write tilde, only...