Windows 10: keys and buttons

Discus and support keys and buttons in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi guys!for some reason my arrow that is forward or right if you would like to call it, is not being able to function. I would like to skip some parts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by caylaNM, Jun 23, 2022.

1. caylaNM Win User

keys and buttons

hi guys!for some reason my arrow that is forward or right if you would like to call it, is not being able to function. I would like to skip some parts of a youtube video using that key but for some reason it is just not working. At times, it does work but after a few minutes it stops again. This is also happening with my level of brightness up.can you guys help me? i want it to work at all times.

:)

caylaNM, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Hellopaul Win User

Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Jun 23, 2022
  3. One key has severe input lag but every other key is fine

The thing suggested by @lx07was yet another step of trouble shoot you need to perform to role out the hardware fail possibility than rather a topic for debate .
    I honestly did not suggest it just because its level of technicality is a bit high and I am not quite sure about your level .
    Yet however if you can do that step I can't see why not .
    And yet even if you still manage to get lag you are down to the route I just discussed in my previous post , nothing more to do .

P.S I am not even sure what you mean that the button performs well if you change layout , the aussie & u.s layouts do not even acknowledge that button and most probably assigns a different function / key to which hints the conclusion of your test might be slightly biased

nIGHTmAYOR, Jun 23, 2022
  4. keys and buttons

start button won't work, no windows key

Hi Phil,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to execute the commands given in the steps below using the
    PowerShell.

• Press Windows key + letter ‘R.’

• Type “PowerShell” and hit OK.

• Paste the following command into PowerShell and execute it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Restart the computer.
    Hope this helps. Please reply with the results so that we can assist you further.

Arvind Ram, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

keys and buttons

1. keys and buttons - Similar Threads - keys buttons

2. Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?: Every other key works except for those mentioned in the question above. Has anyone else experienced this issue and how do I solve it? My keyboard is perfectly fine since I tried switching with another and the keys didn't work there either....
  3. Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?: Every other key works except for those mentioned in the question above. Has anyone else experienced this issue and how do I solve it? My keyboard is perfectly fine since I tried switching with another and the keys didn't work there either....
  4. Double click and hold an arrow button generates 255 key code and leads to Shift key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click and hold an arrow button generates 255 key code and leads to Shift key...: Tested on built-in screen keyboard and on online keyboard test service. Odd.All sticky keys, filter keys etc are disabled in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-and-hold-an-arrow-button-generates/bfc1b1c7-2714-4818-83aa-d7f27f3ff02e
  5. Double click and hold an arrow button generates 255 key code and leads to Shift key...

Double click and hold an arrow button generates 255 key code and leads to Shift key...: Tested on built-in screen keyboard and on online keyboard test service. Odd.All sticky keys, filter keys etc are disabled in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-and-hold-an-arrow-button-generates/bfc1b1c7-2714-4818-83aa-d7f27f3ff02e
  6. Why my laptops function key works as a power button key whenever i tried to press power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptops function key works as a power button key whenever i tried to press power...: Why my laptops function key works as a power button key whenever i tried to press power button key it won't work but if I pressed function key my laptop will get turned on why is this happening ? What's the cause of this problem ? Can anyone give the relevant solution please...
  7. Why my laptops function key works as a power button key whenever i tried to press power...

Why my laptops function key works as a power button key whenever i tried to press power...: Why my laptops function key works as a power button key whenever i tried to press power button key it won't work but if I pressed function key my laptop will get turned on why is this happening ? What's the cause of this problem ? Can anyone give the relevant solution please...
  8. Why aren't my arrow keys, delete, forward slash and small enter button not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why aren't my arrow keys, delete, forward slash and small enter button not working?: Hi,The arrow keys, small enter button, forward slash and delete keys are not working on my keyboard. I have a usb keyboard that I use.It does work in safe mode and it works on another laptop I have.I have tried resetting the keyboard but that didn't help.Any suggestions would...
  9. Why aren't my arrow keys, delete, forward slash and small enter button not working?

Why aren't my arrow keys, delete, forward slash and small enter button not working?: Hi,The arrow keys, small enter button, forward slash and delete keys are not working on my keyboard. I have a usb keyboard that I use.It does work in safe mode and it works on another laptop I have.I have tried resetting the keyboard but that didn't help.Any suggestions would...
  10. Why aren't my arrow keys, delete, forward slash and small enter button not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware