Windows 10: Keys are broken?

Discus and support Keys are broken? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When trying to press some of the keys on my computer, many extra keys are also automatically clicked for some reason. The image attached is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aIert, Aug 14, 2020.

1. aIert Win User

Keys are broken?

Keys are broken? ac647b41-780a-4cf9-a812-7e0a1d55e74f?upload=true.png

When trying to press some of the keys on my computer, many extra keys are also automatically clicked for some reason.

The image attached is a screenshot of a keyboard testing website when I click my left Ctrl key. As you can see, the home key, number pad 9 key, and minus key are also detected but the only key I clicked was Ctrl. Does anyone know what the issue is here?

:)

aIert, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 14, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Keys are broken?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Keys are broken?

1. Keys are broken? - Similar Threads - Keys are broken

2. Tab and windows key are broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab and windows key are broken?: My windows key does not work I have tried more then 30 ways attempting to fix this and it has made no progress my tab key will hover over the start area but it will not open I tried multiple threads and its pretty annoyingAnd no I do not have filter keys on...
  3. Tab and windows key are broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tab and windows key are broken?: My windows key does not work I have tried more then 30 ways attempting to fix this and it has made no progress my tab key will hover over the start area but it will not open I tried multiple threads and its pretty annoyingAnd no I do not have filter keys on...
  4. Backspace Key Malfunctioning NOT BROKEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backspace Key Malfunctioning NOT BROKEN: So, I'll try to give as much detail with my problem as I can. My computer runs off of Windows and I've had almost no issues until earlier tonight when my backspace was not working as intended. I was busy on my phone and kept moving my mouse to make sure the screen wouldn't...
  5. Qweruiop keys broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qweruiop keys broken: Whenever I use these few keys to type, it always becomes gibberish like for example when I type Q it will become *qweriop or something else. Now I cant do anything pls help me....
  6. "y" key is broken

"y" key is broken: My "y" key is bound to the cntrl key, and I need to copy paste to even type it out. Also I can't type shift+h, but everything else works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/y-key-is-broken/272caefd-cdfe-4a94-907c-beceb1ce5b97
  7. USB key broken??

USB key broken??: Hello. I have an USB-key I'm using as emegency boot drive with Acronis. I have now a new version of Acronis, and I then wants to make a new boot-key. But I can't delete the old one ... not even in diskpart! In this picture it is disk no 3 [img] When selecting "Rescue media...
  8. Win key broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win key broken: Hello, My Windows Key is not working Whenever I click my windows button on the left bottom side it does nothing! Same with the cortana search bar, so therefore if i want to do ANYTHING i have to right-click the win button also, snip & sketch does not work....
  9. Bitlocker recovery key - link broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key - link broken: My dell xps with Windows 10 is requesting a bitlocker recovery key. I don't have a print out or copy on a USB. When I sign in on my phone to my windows account and follow through to the bitlocker key section, the page cannot be found. The link is broken. Super...
  10. Windows Key Search Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Key Search Broken: If I click the Windows key on my taskbar and type in something like Device Manager or Control Panel, all I get are web search options. Ideas? 10156