Windows 10: key's aren't working

Discus and support key's aren't working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; on my windows 10 I can't type these key's with shift: s d but I can type them perfectly fine without shift can you please help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SiddharthGoel, Dec 1, 2020.

1. key's aren't working

on my windows 10 I can't type these key's with shift: s d but I can type them perfectly fine without shift can you please help me?

:)

SiddharthGoel, Dec 1, 2020
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

key's aren't working [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

key's aren't working

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

key's aren't working

1. key's aren't working - Similar Threads - key's aren't working

2. Both shift keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both shift keys aren't working: Whenever both of my shift keys aren't working, I'll watch YouTube tutorials on how to fix it like removing sticky keys/filter keys, updating my keyboard drivers, updating/restarting the computer, etc. But somehow the shift keys continues to not work after I've attempted those...
  3. Both shift keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both shift keys aren't working: Whenever both of my shift keys aren't working, I'll watch YouTube tutorials on how to fix it like removing sticky keys/filter keys, updating my keyboard drivers, updating/restarting the computer, etc. But somehow the shift keys continues to not work after I've attempted those...
  4. My laptop keys aren't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keys aren't working.: A few weeks ago most of my laptop keys stopped working and I've needed to go into tablet mode to type every single time since then.I've tried multiple methods to try and fix my laptop keyboard, such as restarting my device, updating my keyboard's driver, deleting and...
  5. Volume + brightness keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume + brightness keys aren't working: Yesterday, I found that my volume and brightness keys no longer work. One of the brightness keys changes my window to full screen and the other pulls up the inspect tab. My mute button takes me to a google chrome help screen, my increase volume button opens a search bar of...
  6. Shortcut keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys aren't working: Display and sound control keys are not working at all however they can be changed through windows settings. How might I empower them I can't discover shortcut or settings to empower it....
  7. CTRL keys aren't working

CTRL keys aren't working: Hi, I replaced my old hdd in my laptop with new one recently. Both CTRL keys in my laptop is not wokring since the day I changed hdd. KIndly help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-keys-arent-working/24679ed3-d6bf-40b9-af16-c8e994e5ec83
  8. My Function Keys Aren't Working

My Function Keys Aren't Working: So recently I noticed that a bunch of my drivers were out of date so I went and got a program that scanned and updated my drivers for me, called Driver Booster 6, but shortly after doing so my function keys stopped working. On my laptop there is a function key to turn your...
  9. Some of the keys on my keyboard aren't working

Some of the keys on my keyboard aren't working: So, this issue started a couple of days ago without a clear start. I have a HP Notebook 15 (15-F233WM) that runs Windows 10. I've never had any real problems with my keyboard before and it was running quite smoothly until suddenly, I noticed that the "n" stopped working. I...
  10. My backspace and enter key aren't working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My backspace and enter key aren't working.: I turned off sticky keys and filter keys. I have reset my computer(Windows 10) and check my driver and nothing is working. It's only those keys and nothing working....