Windows 10: Keys being weird

Discus and support Keys being weird in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello My caps lock button is acting strangely. Every time I tap it, it turns on caps lock but also types q. For example, if I quickly tap the caps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaccaSPR, Jan 13, 2021.

1. MaccaSPR Win User

Keys being weird

Hello

My caps lock button is acting strangely. Every time I tap it, it turns on caps lock but also types q. For example, if I quickly tap the caps button only, it shows 'qQqQqQqQq'. I live in Australia and am using a new MSI GK30 keyboard. Any help is appreciated.

:)

MaccaSPR, Jan 13, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jan 13, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

Keys being weird

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Keys being weird

1. Keys being weird - Similar Threads - Keys being weird

2. Windows Hidden icons being weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hidden icons being weird: When I restarted my computer I got a notification that my Nvidia drivers crashed, so I reinstalled them, but when I restarted my PC once again, the hidden icons kept moving and twitching around. I don't know what the problem is, there is nothing online about this. I don't...
  3. Windows 10 is being super weird

Windows 10 is being super weird: I Cannot open files explorer, my desktop icons are gone, when I'm settings I cannot click on additional settings that are to the side and overall it just is being weird. I have no idea how to fix this. submitted by /u/wastefn [link] [comments]...
  4. Friends PC is being weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Friends PC is being weird: When my friend right clicks his taskbar he cannot click any of the options he also cant open the windows start menu or search in the search bar and his settings wont open no matter what he tries the taskbar is always on his screen when playing games aswell this all started...
  5. Alt-Tab being weird

Alt-Tab being weird: Dont know if this is a windows 10 issue and i don't know if anyone else has this issue but if there is a fix please let me know thanks. Why does it do this submitted by /u/LikeForKills [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy4lgs/alttab_being_weird/
  6. My hz being weird

My hz being weird: So I got my computer a couple weeks ago and when I finished setting it up it was on 30hz, so I went into my GeForce settings and changed it to 60hz. But today for some reason I booted it up and noticed it was choppy and sure enough it was on 30hz but when I go to change it...
  7. Mouse being really weird.

Mouse being really weird.: As of recently, my mouse has been acting really weird. To put it short, whenever I try to scroll up/down, it does the opposite, almost cancelling out the main action, making it hard to scroll up or down. And even when I don't scroll and just try to click on a reddit post...
  8. Weird Key Functions

Weird Key Functions: Hi. I have come across a strange thing happening on my PC. When I use some letter keys on my keyboard ('s', 'y' & 'a') the sound on my PC toggles on and off. I am not pressing any other keys at the same time, just these keys by themselves. It is most obvious when typing....
  9. Key Mapping Weirdness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Key Mapping Weirdness: I am having a very odd problem with a brand new laptop which installed Windows 10 when I powered it up. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15. Because I'm in Canada, someone, presumably the government, decided that all computers sold in Canada had to have a uniquely Canadian...
  10. Windows 10 being weird

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 being weird: Hi All, A few things I noticed happening in Windows 10 that didn't happen in Windows 8.1.... Sometimes after a reboot or a cold start my sound volume is always at 67...very loud. I always have my volume set at 14. Anyone else notice this happening? I have PCI Express X-Fi...